By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Call of Duty 4 becomes number one selling PS3 game in the UK

Call of Duty rules on PS3

Renewed marketing campaign to coincide with the release of downloadable map pack.

Call of Duty 4 is now officially the biggest game on PlayStation 3, according to the latest Chart Track information – and Activision plans to celebrate with a high profile consumer event and new downloadable content.

Alongside a renewed marketing push that will include online promotions with The Sun, SkySports, FHM, Kerrang and the MSN network, Activision will be inviting gamers to a special Boot Camp event where they can play the new downloadable multiplayer maps and compete for prizes.

“Call of Duty is now one of the largest video game franchises worldwide, and this has been achieved by combining a truly groundbreaking game with creative marketing campaigns that reach out to casual gamers as well as to core FPS players,” said Activision marketing director David Tyler.

“A whole programme of Call of Duty 4 related activities are in place for spring and summer. The Boot Camp event and refreshed marketing campaign are two examples of our ongoing commitment to this astonishing game.”

Activision also recently revealed that Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare had sold over seven million units worldwide, including over a million in the UK. The new downloadable multiplayer maps will be available on both Xbox 360 and PS3 early next month.

MCV

The previous top selling PS3 game in the UK was Resistance: Fall of Man with over 300k units shifted.

Around the Network

Not saying much, considering PS3's exclusive lineup and not surprising the fact that COD4(multiplat or exclusive) is the best game on PS3.

---

I'm yet to get round to playing COD4... I think i will have to borrow a mates and then see what i think of it! :D