By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil says there will be more games at Gamescom, not at E3 Briefing.

With Gamescom opening it's doors August 5th, Phil went to twitter to remind us of all the great games in store for us, reminding us that the line up is with games not shown at E3 Briefing.

Spencer tweets, "Yea, I like the show. It's nice the show has so many games that weren't in our E3 briefing, that's kind of new for us."

Phil goes on to talk about Quantum break.

"Team's making great progress, focusing on showing gameplay. QB just really impressed me yesterday"

Then tweets that MS has got a lot better with holding secrets.

"We seem to be getting better at holding surprises, hopefully news stays news and doesn't leak"

More info:  http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/newthread.php

How many IP's do you think MS has kept secret from us?

Around the Network

He is teasing us, he better be packing a load thats worth it.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

His track record is horrible, but I'm all in for more games.

Doing everything to win this year's Gamescom!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

not sure if the wording of the title is right, it makes it seem like he said there will be more games at gamescom than there was at E3, which is something he didnt say.

as far as the tweets go, ugh... phil has hyped every confrence so far way beyond measure. they had good conferences, but they didnt have mind blowing ones like the he hyped them out to be. i am interested to see crackdown and scalebound gameplay. hopefully Recore as well, since its releasing spring 2016.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
He is teasing us, he better be packing a load thats worth it.

I really hope it's conker.

and a triple A new IP would be nice.

bananaking21 said:
not sure if the wording of the title is right, it makes it seem like he said there will be more games at gamescom than there was at E3, which is something he didnt say.

as far as the tweets go, ugh... phil has hyped every confrence so far way beyond measure. they had good conferences, but they didnt have mind blowing ones like the he hyped them out to be. i am interested to see crackdown and scalebound gameplay. hopefully Recore as well, since its releasing spring 2016.

I have been thoroughly impressed by this years E3 and if they did unload all the IP's at E3, it would have been mind bending, however this strategy I think is better, split up the games and create momentum going into the holiday season, Plus let Europe and Germany know you care. LOL

bananaking21 said:

99% sure they have already said they wont show ReCore at Gamescon.

And I highly doubt it will make that release window.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Sounds great! But I won't get excited only to be letdown after watching the conference, so I'll keep my expectations low.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

starcraft said:
bananaking21 said:

99% sure they have already said they wont show ReCore at Gamescon.

And I highly doubt it will make that release window.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/07/21/phil-spencer-gamescom/ 

Yeah Recore won't be at the show like you said. Sea of Theives and Gears of War 4 won't be there either.