By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Iwata's death delay Star Fox Zero?

Starfox does not look like the kind of hugely ambitious title that needs miyamoto to micromanage it. I think his core contributions like how the game controls and feels are already set in place. The game is supposed to launch in 5months, given Nintendo's track record it was probably 90% complete at E3 is just undergoing strict QA from august-October.

So No.

Around the Network

A delay? Doubt it.
We might just hear that someone else was put in charge of the project or Platinum was given more responsability.

spemanig said:
Star Fox Zero looks like it was built in someone's basement. I doubt this will delay such a meager-looking project.

I agree. The last thing that comes to mind when it comes to Nintendo 1st Party titles is "High Budget".

Im not bashing the game per se, just how cheap it looks.

fleischr said:

With Iwata's passing, Miyamoto is acting as co-CEO with Takeda. Naturally, this could make Miyamoto a much more busy man -- meaning he wouldn't have as much time to focus on Star Fox -- meaning the game could ultimately be delayed. He's also already deeply involved with the theme park @ Universal.

Personally, I'd like to see Nintendo take the task of appointing a new CEO carefully -- but I also would like SF: Zero hit before Christmas.

We may yet see Hashimoto from Platinum completely take over directing Star Fox Zero -- which wouldn't be so bad as he was the director for Bayonetta 2. 

With the way the game is looking, I don't want to see it hit until after Christmas

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

AEGRO said:

I agree. The last thing that comes to mind when it comes to Nintendo 1st Party titles is "High Budget".

Im not bashing the game per se, just how cheap it looks.

That's not true at all. Star Fox Zero is not representative of typical Nintendo games.