By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who should Capcom give Monster Hunter to next gen?

Valdath said:

Financially? 3DS successor.

Now if we are talking about the game itself, it would be much better on the PS4, no more PS2 graphics, better controls, higher frame rate, etc. But that will never happen unless the PS4 starts selling Wii levels in japan thanks to FFXV, Persona 5 and Dragon Quest Heroes 2.

Im not even sure thatll help; developing a PS4 costs so much more money. Making a PS4 game would probably only happen if the franchise got bog in the West as well, thus reaching a bigger audience

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

I think they should just stick with Nintendo. The franchise has found its place there and does very well and makes a lot of money. It would be pointless to move to Sony or anyone else because the series tends to stay on handhelds rather than consoles, and the 3DS is dominating everything.

I only hope that they can make more console Monster Hunter games such as when Monster Hunter Tri released on the Wii and then the ultimate version on the Wii U. Imagine a big huge Monster Hunter game on the big screen with beautiful graphics.

The only way I can see Monster Hunter switching is if a company like Sony pays them for exclusivity or something, but even then I don't think Monster Hunter is a franchise that Nintendo would let get away so easily. 

To see where Monster Hunter series sells better, they should release game for both platforms at same time (Monster Hunter 5 for example).
Saying, that MH sold better on PSP or was better success than on 3DS is irrelevant.

Still I think, that bringing MH back to Sony will hugely increase PS Vita sells. Seriously people in Japan are waiting for Monster Hunter for Vita (don't tell me that Monster Hunter Frontier G is equivalent for MH 4 for 3DS)

Next Nintendo handheld, hopefully

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

it would be great to have it in both handhelds (Vita and 3DS). for the next gen, not sure if Sony would push through handheld. i still think they might in Japan. but for Capcom, pushing to 3DS successor would be a better choice.

Around the Network

A Microsoft console, just to be fair.

Handheld - Nintendo or Sony is fine
Home Console - Sony

noname2200 said:
A Microsoft console, just to be fair.

We don't want to torture Japanese gamers into having to buy a Microsoft console for MH.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Given the poor sales on consoles (besides Wii), I'd say sticking with Nintendo handhelds is a nobrainer.

To be fair, the Wii U version has sold pretty well considering its just an enhanced port of Tri on the Wii.

zippy said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Given the poor sales on consoles (besides Wii), I'd say sticking with Nintendo handhelds is a nobrainer.

To be fair, the Wii U version has sold pretty well considering its just an enhanced port of Tri on the Wii.

Which reminds me that I never came close to fully playing MH3U yet...  I need to get my act together.