By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who will be Iwata successor?

If ur wife died, an hour later would u ask "who the hell is gonna cook/clean for me now?" Let's pay some respect.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

A bit more of respect would be apreciated.

I read on Joystiq that Miyamoto will take over for the time being.

Not the right time do ask this... you should've waited at least a week...

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

spurgeonryan said:
animegaming said:
can just all of us wait at least a week before we have discussions about his replacement.

In an hour we will have 5 more, and by tomorrow there will be 20 more. It will happen.

Sadly this is true, and we will also get a bunch of "Nintendo's finally going third party/mobile" threads. People need to show respect. 

Around the Network

No dude. Just no. This thread rubs me the wrong way.

I know we are all aprehensive about the future and wondering what this means to the future of Nintendo, but for now let's honor the man that came into our houses to deliver us Nintendo news himself despite beeing the CEO.

I am very sad to see him go so suddenly.

No idea and at this point I doubt anyone know, he seemed pretty active recently so who knows if a successor was in play like Yamamuchi was able to have him ready to move in.

twintail said:
zorg1000 said:
If ur wife died, an hour later would u ask "who the hell is gonna cook/clean for me now?" Let's pay some respect.

I know some ppl are upset but comments like this are ridiculously stupid .

While the TC might seem to not be showing respect (that is only to ppl who are upset at the news of Iwata), comparing someone who he doesnt know personally or outside of one facet of his life (gaming) to someone who he would know personally, is married to and part of all facets of his life is pretty pathetic.

Just because someone doesnt share in your mourning of Iwata doesnt really give you a right to be so thoughtless.  If he was shaming Iwata then perhaps you have a right, but he isnt. 

It's hyperbole, not the exact same but a similar exaggerated situation. Here's a better example, let's say James Cameron died tomorrow, it would be very disrespectful if one of ur first thoughts was "is Avatar 2 still gonna be released?"

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

spurgeonryan said:
zorg1000 said:

I would wonder what is going to happen with the family, especially if there were small kids. Or what if the wife was the bread winner?

My question would be who will be the interim CEO until someone else is hired?

Miyamoto? What does he know about business?

Iwata was a programmer.

Miyamoto is a programmer.

It ll be fine.

Reggie is a business guy.... yet I cant imagine him running nintendo.

Miyamoto is a good temp solution for now.