By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So, what are your political views?

I'm a FDR Democrat economically, since he created the Largest middle class the world has seen, ever.

These numbers below speak for them selfs. Democratic policies on the left (The new Deal), Reaganomics on the Right

This graph splits up Social groups into 5 parts or 20% each, from lowest to richest. 

Also I see people using all these labels, Makes absolutely no sense.  For instance, " I'm a small government conservative, however I want to use big massive government to tell woman what to do with their body, Tell people who they can and can not marry.. Point being these labels mean nothing at all, go issue by issue.

I support Bernie Sanders.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
Very liberal when it comes to social issues.

Economically, I used to lean left, but now I'm sick of the far left and I'm center right.

Reaganomics is a complete failure and destroyed the middle class. We already know what works, FDR proved it with the biggest middle class the world has ever seen.  It stayed in place until Nixon opened up China in the 1970's and Reagan started supplyside economics in the 80's, stopped enforcing anti-trust laws allowing the massive monopolies that we have today. This has continued even with current Democratic presidents. The Democrats are 1970's Republicans or at least Clinton, Obama etc.. However they are being pushed out from the party by people like Elizabeth Warren who has gained massive power in the senate. Bernie Sanders, Sherrod Brown and many others.  Remember with the TPP, 47 Republicans voted for it and only 13 Democrats joined them for Obama's horrible trade agreement. These Democrats are being pushed from the party as we speak.

BREAKING: In a rare display of bi-partisan support, Senators Elizabeth Warren and John McCain have introduced a bill to reinstate Glass Steagall and break up the big banks.

Bernie Sanders all the way.

Good on McCain joining Elizabeth Warren on trying to put Glass Steagal back in place, one of the biggest pieces of legislation that FDR put in place to stop the Great Depression from ever happening again. However it got Removed in 1999 with a Republican Congress and Clinton signing. Same with Nafta. So it's issue by issue. However Economically, no one I know past a bachelors or masters degree supports supplyside economics. Capitalists systems don't naturally create middle classes, they have to be created or they disappear or are so small that it's a very few on the top and middle.

However this will be my last post on this subject, as FDR policies will be back in place in the next 10 to 20 years. it's just a matter of time, the only people that vote Republican on average are Old white people, this is the data, I'm not being mean. Republicans know who thier base is, However they are losing massive ground every day, their base is literally dieing off. So with people like Trump making sure the new generations don't vote Republican, it's just time really.

I'm on the far-left and a self-declared communist.
I dispise all regimes that don't put their people first, including some past and present "communist" countries.
I'm also a supporter of the guaranteed base income.

VGPolyglot said:

So, I am wondering what people's views here are in terms of politics. I know that we have used the political compass many times, but now I want us to be more specific so that we are not categorized by labels. So, my views are considered to be fairly extreme by many, especially economically (many refer to me as a communist, though I don't know if that is an accurate description or not):

-I support gay marriage, and in fact am more liberal than that: anyone should be able to marry anyone of legal age, whether it be a parent/child, sibling, cousin, etc. I am not against polygamy if everyone is consenting.

-I believe that all drugs and prostitution should be legal, as criminalizing them causes violence, as prostitutes have pimps that violently protect their employers, and drug dealers that arm themselves to protect their property as the government won't do it.

-I am absolutely against the death penalty and torture, as I think that the right to live is the most important of them all

-I support high degrees of freedom of speech; the only things that I don't support are threats

-I believe that the idea of countries is stupid: there should be a unified world, free of borders

-Income inequality is a massive problem: ideally I would like everyone to have the same pay, but realizing that this task is almost impossible, I believe that along with a higher minimum wage there needs to be a maximum wage

-With a maximum wage, the extra money earned that doesn't go to the person can go towards the population, ideally leading to a society where all healthcare, education, goods and housing is provided for

-To talk more in-depth about the previous point, I believe that property should not be bought; instead we would only have a monthly fee taken from taxes, and as long as we agree to stay there, we can't be forced out

-The only money that we would be given is disposable income: this would prevent debt, as the only money that we would have is for non-essential items

-We should have a direct democracy where everyone can vote on issues, instead of the current situation where we elect someone to represent us

Okay, I think that's good enough for now. I may add more as I come up with them. Of course, this is demonstrating an ideal situation for me: I do not know how well my ideas would work in practice, as I have almost no knowledge of economics.

study FDR, he did all this perfectly. If you made a billions Dollars in the 1950's you where taxed at 90%, however they ended up paying around 50% because tax law encouraged them to invest in thier business and if they did they got massive write offs. However FDR did this perfectly. If I where  you I would read up on it.

WolfpackN64 said:
I dispise all regimes that don't put their people first, including some past and present "communist" countries.

Most so called Communist Country's are dictatorships claiming to be Communists. However Social Democrats have done a great job through history and I would suggest you read up on thier agenda's, not Communism.

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
WolfpackN64 said:

Most so called Communist Country's are dictatorships claiming to be Communists. However Social Democrats have done a great job through history and I would suggest you read up on thier agenda's, not Communism.

I know, but the Social Democrats have been a major disaster story in Europe, with many even backing a neo-liberal agenda. We need something more radical here to turn the tide before all of Europe lands in Thatcherian waters.

The Social Democrats also progress too slowly and sometimes don't go far enough on certain issues for them to be truly effective.

WolfpackN64 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

I know, but the Social Democrats have been a major disaster story in Europe, with many even backing a neo-liberal agenda. We need something more radical here to turn the tide before all of Europe lands in Thatcherian waters.

The Social Democrats also progress too slowly and sometimes don't go far enough on certain issues for them to be truly effective.

Yea I can't stand neo-democrats, so i understand that but all parties are going to have factions. Get involved and change it.

DJEVOLVE said:
WolfpackN64 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Yea I can't stand neo-democrats, so i understand that but all parties are going to have factions. Get involved and change it.

That's why I back the Worker's Party of Belgium. They're clearly Marxists, but they are also very progressive and will defend the rights of smaller shop owners and start-ups. Which is needed here since the big companies get very unfair tax benifits on top of their scale advantage and constantly stomp on small business owners.

VGPolyglot said:

So, I am wondering what people's views here are in terms of politics. I know that we have used the political compass many times, but now I want us to be more specific so that we are not categorized by labels. So, my views are considered to be fairly extreme by many, especially economically (many refer to me as a communist, though I don't know if that is an accurate description or not):

-I support gay marriage, and in fact am more liberal than that: anyone should be able to marry anyone of legal age, whether it be a parent/child, sibling, cousin, etc. I am not against polygamy if everyone is consenting.

-I believe that all drugs and prostitution should be legal, as criminalizing them causes violence, as prostitutes have pimps that violently protect their employers, and drug dealers that arm themselves to protect their property as the government won't do it.

-I am absolutely against the death penalty and torture, as I think that the right to live is the most important of them all

-I support high degrees of freedom of speech; the only things that I don't support are threats

-I believe that the idea of countries is stupid: there should be a unified world, free of borders

-Income inequality is a massive problem: ideally I would like everyone to have the same pay, but realizing that this task is almost impossible, I believe that along with a higher minimum wage there needs to be a maximum wage

-With a maximum wage, the extra money earned that doesn't go to the person can go towards the population, ideally leading to a society where all healthcare, education, goods and housing is provided for

-To talk more in-depth about the previous point, I believe that property should not be bought; instead we would only have a monthly fee taken from taxes, and as long as we agree to stay there, we can't be forced out

-The only money that we would be given is disposable income: this would prevent debt, as the only money that we would have is for non-essential items

-We should have a direct democracy where everyone can vote on issues, instead of the current situation where we elect someone to represent us

Okay, I think that's good enough for now. I may add more as I come up with them. Of course, this is demonstrating an ideal situation for me: I do not know how well my ideas would work in practice, as I have almost no knowledge of economics.

Are you sure you want all drugs to be legal? I mean, some of the less harmless stuff could be understandable, but opium, crack? They take away will, reason and life of  person.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Marxist with anarcho-communist inclinations where factionalism and social views are a concern.