By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will happen to the "Wii something" games when the NX comes out?

Tagged games:

What will happen to the "Wii something" games when the NX comes out?

They will continue as usual, no changes. 11 12.09%

They will continue to exi... 12 13.19%

They will continue to exi... 14 15.38%

They will make few and bi... 9 9.89%

Nintendo will keep the Wi... 9 9.89%

Nintendo will keep the Wi... 2 2.20%

NIntendo will abandon the... 34 37.36%

Total:91
Darwinianevolution said:
MohammadBadir said:
Hopefully they'll die the death they deserve.

A bit harsh, don't you think? XD

I'm pretty sure he means honorable death. Which is exactly what they deserve.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
Darwinianevolution said:

A bit harsh, don't you think? XD

I'm pretty sure he means honorable death. Which is exactly what they deserve.

Commit Seppuku with your Wiimote! Now it's easier than ever!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Wii hardly knew yii.

They could combine it with NXT and name the next console Xii.

Really, though, the logical thing would be to announce the Super Wii and remove the Wii U from official cannon.

The Wii brand isn't big anymore and recent games with Wii in their name have flopped, so Nintendo should give up on it.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

pokoko said:
Wii hardly knew yii.

They could combine it with NXT and name the next console Xii.

Really, though, the logical thing would be to announce the Super Wii and remove the Wii U from official cannon.

Eww no. We don't need no Wiis anymo'.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
Hopefully they'll die the death they deserve.

Dang, a little dark there, Proxy.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

If they died, Nintendo would loose out on a possible revenue stream in the future. This is why some of you aren't business heads, although I can't speak too well about Nintendo's business right now either...

Still, they should be kept around in some form. I think we might see Miis in the future on Nintendo's dedicated consoles because they like to use them for your accounts and as extra characters in games, but the Wii series might be relegated to mobile play or possibly QoL. However, we know close to nothing about QoL so I'm completely guessing.

They can still keep the name... it's not that hard to change. Square Enix's game Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was for the Game Boy Advance while the NDS version is FFT A2 (Advance 2) so it's not too big of a deal

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

NX is a codename for a platform, not a console or handheld. We may not see a new Wii/Wii U Sports or whatever, but we might. The next handheld could be the Wii 3DS or the Wii U 2 or a Wii Next or whatever.

Hell, we could see a Nintendo NX Entertainment System (NNXES) and still get a Wii U Sports 2.

Stop grabbing at straws people.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

I hope it dies. The games were pretty mediocre at best