By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Terminator Genisys is garbage

mizzou_guy said:
SnakeDrake said:

I saw this movie just a few hours ago and wow this movie surpassed my already low expectations. With a really unconvincingly dull cgi to boring and no tension action scenes. And just to add to the injury dull characters (surprisingly enough the old Arnold robot has the most human emotion in this movie) and a really messy time travel plot with the conveniently added theory of alternate dimensions to explain this bullshit.

This movie also took a huge piss on the character of John Connor to the surprise of the people who hasn't seen the poster of this movie on they're to see this crap why made into the villian. Cartoonistly acted and writen i must add. 

Dont see this poster when you want to watch this movie. It contain spoliers !!!!!!

:POSTER:

John Connor was this character build up as mystic, a character only talked about with great honor, but never shown until more sequels -_- told to the people in this movie as well as the audience as some kind of legend. Fastfoward to this movie he bacame a villian out of nowhere. They already have a good potential the doctor who guy. Why not just use him and send him back. 

Now I wont say dont watch this movie based on my experience there some stuff to enjory mainly old Arnold robot, but i was left dissappionted.

If you don't want people to look at the poster in order to not spoil the movie for them, should you really be putting the poster into your post, and especially such a large version of it?

Yes, it was just to show how silly it is to put a spoiler in the movie poster :P

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

:::Spoilers below:::

BTW, I loved the movie. The Sarah Connor Chronicles already established the different time universes into the series, so changing the story was no big deal for me. I thought it was great how they redid the main plot so they could have some freedom on what comes next, because frankly, how many times do you want to see John Connor fight against a robot from the future? We already did that in T2, and it was great. We tried it again in T3, and it was played out. T4 took a different look at things by showing a post-apocalypse perspective. Unless they were will to continue the story from where they left off in T4, I think using the time universe approach to reintroduce and reinvigorate the series was a natural option to take.

I do wholeheartedly agree that marketing did a stupid thing by revealing the twist in the previews and the poster when the movie was clearly written for that to be a big surprise for the audience. I like the twist, and I look at it as temporary, because with two more movies on the way (unless this one did so poorly they get cancelled), I'd imagine that they'll try to set things right and save John from his fate.

I think my only real gripe was that the liquid terminator was dealt with way too quickly, and the new terminator doesn't really seem like a logical "upgrade" from the liquid one.

Waaaaay too many unfunny Terminator jokes and stupid oneliners that really ruin the atmosphere. The plot is just a mess and the character development is terrible. I wasn´t invested in any of these previously established and fleshed out characters, it´s a giant step backwards from Terminator Salvation and remember that wasn´t a masterpiece at all.

To sum up the movie in one picture:

Trollface Arnold says it all...

Terminator... That movie was so good. Was anybody expecting this Genesys to be good? Robocop, Jurassic World and Crystal Skull all of them sucked, so why could Genesys be any better? These 80's and 90's movie series just need to die already since all theyre doing is riding on nostalgia and end up dissapointing their fanbases.

Really, Star Wars is the only 70s-80s movie that has managed to stay relevant and succesfull these days even if the prequels were just as dissapointing thanks to them the Star Wars universe has been expanded and is now bigger than ever and eventually bought by Disney. Hopefull part 7 wont suck.

The terminator 'universe' continuity was already a lost cause with terminator 3 (still the worst)

I saw this today and it's a fine popcorn actioner.

Plus there's already two more terminator films planned because franchise's never end.

It's comic book law for all big budget films now.

Around the Network

I saw one snippet of the trailer, where Arnie says "I'll be back," and I was just like, "Oh, okay, cool. So I don't need to see or even think about that movie, pretty much ever."

This seems to be the general consensus. Luckily, I didn't have one drop of hype for it so there's no hard feelings here.

I will never see another Arnold Schwarzenegger movie as long as I live after the horrible job he did as governor and the mess he made. I don't think I'll be missing out much, his career peaked long ago --now he's a has-been creep.

spurgeonryan said:
But someone recently said JP4 was garbage as well. Now I do not know how to trust vgchart user reviews....

I agree, it is garbage.

a 8 year old child could write a better story than this genisys crap