By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Greece votes no (referendum).

All I can say is, good luck... 103 50.74%

This is the beginning of the end for the Euro 31 15.27%

Maybe greece should merge... 13 6.40%

FUCK YOU GERMANY YOU PIEC... 56 27.59%

Total:203
OdinHades said:
Yeah, the Grexit should come any moment now. I think it's the right thing to do though. There's no way in hell Greece will ever pay back all the money from the IWF, and that's not the only one they need to pay. They just have to start from 0 and work their way up. It's going to be tough, but it can work out. I just hope they don't get victims of massive corruption again.

But that's it with any help from the EU. Which is good at this point. I don't see why my children should pay for Greece's failure. I mean, you have other countries like Ireland, Portugal and Spain which also had problems. But they got their shit together with the help from EU. Greece didn't and that's their own fault.

Nope Italy still struggles and France get a free pass all the time without any reforms

Around the Network
ReimTime said:
So who here knows stocks? I hear that a lot of investors are moving from using the Euro to using the Yen or the US Dollar. This means that my Canadian Dollar will bounce because the two (CAD and USD) are linked. That's as far as my knowledge goes. What will the London Stock Exchange look like Monday?

Its the opposite, canada is dependent on Oil thats why the canadian dollar is so low. You can blame the US which tries to conspirate against Russia.

OdinHades said:
Yeah, the Grexit should come any moment now. I think it's the right thing to do though. There's no way in hell Greece will ever pay back all the money from the IWF, and that's not the only one they need to pay. They just have to start from 0 and work their way up. It's going to be tough, but it can work out. I just hope they don't get victims of massive corruption again.

But that's it with any help from the EU. Which is good at this point. I don't see why my children should pay for Greece's failure. I mean, you have other countries like Ireland, Portugal and Spain which also had problems. But they got their shit together with the help from EU. Greece didn't and that's their own fault.

Because the bank never loses.

Spain won't be safe until we're free of people willing to sink the country for their personal benefit. But like in Greece, Merkel's spanish friends are among the responsible of our problems.

A yes wouldn't have fixed any of the problems, just kicked the can.No was the best decision, more pain now for less pain later.

Crap, here in the UK we are third in the list of creditors to Greece but at least the government exposure is low so won't end up on taxpayer's shoulders plus HSBC while UK based is really a hong kong/chinese bank. A huge burden for German taxpayers though.

I guess at least cheap Greek holidays for a few years.

Around the Network

I still dont understand the hate of Germany in this. Greek people dont realize it was their own country?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

padib said:
Ka-pi96 said:
padib said:
How could 61% be enough to make such a severe decision for the country?

Well you either go with the 61%, or you ignore them and go with the 39%. One of those percentages is much larger than the other.

Or, option 3, you don't use a referendum to decide this kind of thing if possible. Are the common folk even in a position to judge on this kind of thing? You need experts for these matters.

the greeks are better in judging than the EU and the imf.  they voted like the experts would have voted, with NO.

bonzobanana said:

Crap, here in the UK we are third in the list of creditors to Greece but at least the government exposure is low so won't end up on taxpayer's shoulders plus HSBC while UK based is really a hong kong/chinese bank. A huge burden for German taxpayers though.

I guess at least cheap Greek holidays for a few years.

You know what's bullshit? This whole act has been to support UK, GER, FRA banks. A lot of taxpayers have taken direct hit in other countries because of that. GER, FRA and UK taxpayers should be fucking thankful the rest of Europe payed what Greece alone could have never done.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Faxanadu said:
I still dont understand the hate of Germany in this. Greek people dont realize it was their own country?

It's a lot easier to hate another then yourself.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I really wonder what will happen now especially since i live in Europe, i am curious to see what will happen if the Grexit will actually happen but i don't know if it's the best thing for Greece and Europe...