By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What COULD save the Wii U? It's pretty simple

Koinzell said:
Pavolink said:
A better library.

You've been sleeping the past years? Or do you think a few EA or Uibisoft Games stand for Quality? The current Library is superb. The problem is, a new Game every 3 month is not enough. You need the Shovelware. Quantity over Quality, in that case.

"I'm curious to know where you're getting this info from as well."

It's not an Info, it's an prediction. Or call it a Women's intuition. No, it's a simple prediction like the million threads here on VGChartz.

It's a confirmed fact Nintendo sold the 3DS and the Wii U at a loss a few years ago. Well, the 3DS made it's way. But do you really think a miracle happened and they're making profit with the Wii U now? Sony made years of loss with the Playstation 3. And you really think Nintendo is making profit with the Wii U? It's a whole different situation compared to the Vita as an example. Sony put little to no effort into the Vita, but they are selling Systems and Memory Cards. The Games are all coming from Third Parties. But Nintendo is putting money into the Wii U. They are the only one delivering Software to this System. I really can't believe they are actually making money with a Wii U System sold. Maybe I'm wrong, but for me, this is highly unlikely.

If I were sleeping my comment will be something like: Wii U has a good library.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

A $100.00 price drop.

They cannot make games in one day, so even if they started developing all those games today, it would take almost two years for them to come out.

On the other hand, a Splatoon bundle, Bayonetta bundle, Smash bundle and Mario Kart bundle (each for $200) would sell like crazy.

chakkra said:

A $100.00 price drop.

They cannot make games in one day, so even if they started developing all those games today, it would take almost two years for them to come out.

On the other hand, a Splatoon bundle, Bayonetta bundle, Smash bundle and Mario Kart bundle (each for $200) would sell like crazy.

Crazy? I suppose for Wii U standars.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Not a single thing can save it, but many things and a good plan to make them create synergy: more games, better marketing and better pricing, to be obtained also making a smaller U pad with a 4.5" or 5" screen and making it the standard equipment and the 6.2" one optional, possibly standard in some high-end SKUs (but making also at least one hi-end SKU with the smaller pad for those that don't argue about its price but just find the big one uncomfortable).
Naturally, avoiding launching NX too early is of the essence, Ninty must believe in Wii U before anybody else can do it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Outside of a price drop around the time of the release of a major title like maybe Super Mario Maker or Zelda Wii U, I can't honestly tell you.

And by save, I don't mean win the console war, but extend the Wii U's life cycle for another couple of years. The fact is most are willing to write it out as of next year for the shadow that is the NX, a price drop along side a popular title will draw more sales along with gather buzz if done correctly.