By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yuji Horii confirms Dragon Quest VII and VIII (3DS) are coming west

This isn't happening, my God. Im buying both, not even kidding on day 1. Thanks so much!!!!

Around the Network

Great news. And I'm sure haters will ignore it and say dragon quest XI will probably be ps exclusive, even though DQ heroes is the only DQ related thing that released for PS in the last 10 years.

LuckyTrouble said:
bigtakilla said:
Will get both day 1, can they also find it in their hearts to freaking release DQ X?

DQX was a flop in Japan. It sold so poorly on the Wii and Wii U they ported it to freaking every non-home console platform under the sun trying to get more people to buy it. If Japan doesn't want it, it wouldn't sell pretty much at all in the West.

Dragon Quest X did over 1Million in Japan...and it was a MMORPG. Yeah it sold less than other DQ games but it brings in money every month. That means people have paid for the game 60x over due to the subscription fee. It has brought in more than any previous DQ game. However, Horii understands that he must go back to the series' roots to keep fans at ease. MMORPGs are also more popular in US than JP. It might have sold pretty well with some Marketing.

Ljink96 said:
LuckyTrouble said:
bigtakilla said:
Will get both day 1, can they also find it in their hearts to freaking release DQ X?

DQX was a flop in Japan. It sold so poorly on the Wii and Wii U they ported it to freaking every non-home console platform under the sun trying to get more people to buy it. If Japan doesn't want it, it wouldn't sell pretty much at all in the West.

Dragon Quest X did over 1Million in Japan...and it was a MMORPG. Yeah it sold less than other DQ games but it brings in money every month. That means people have paid for the game 60x over due to the subscription fee. It has brought in more than any previous DQ game. However, Horii understands that he must go back to the series' roots to keep fans at ease. MMORPGs are also more popular in US than JP. It might have sold pretty well with some Marketing.

also note that FF XI was the most profitable game for square enix. dragon quest X is probably in the same range of profits in the long run.

Awesome, will get DQ7 day one. Won't be getting DQ8. Have it for PS2 (and my PC emulator at >1080p) and on my tablet (1080p.) The extra content isn't appealing enough to get it for 3DS.