By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Gold Wireless Headset (Review) | ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 said:
elazz said:
You can use any phone charger, set the lighbar lower and there are battery replacements / external batteries available

I looked into those replacement batteries, but the controller doesn't cover battery replacement under its warranty, meaning I actually void the warranty if I open it up.  I'll wait until the warranty is out to do that (which I think is 90 days on controllers)!

Most phone charger cables are just as short if not shorter, by the way

Dude....

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters%C2%AE-2-Pack-Hi-Speed-Micro-B/dp/B00HNF0Q54/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1435781384&sr=8-2&keywords=micro+usb+10%27+cable+matters&pebp=1435781386689&perid=06G5N1EJAHMAYXCZ5HGM

2x 10 foot cables for $8.99. 

But most importantly, you don't have to be plugged into the actual PS4 to charge man. You can use any USB power adapter (wall, floor,etc).

Around the Network
sabvre42 said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

I looked into those replacement batteries, but the controller doesn't cover battery replacement under its warranty, meaning I actually void the warranty if I open it up.  I'll wait until the warranty is out to do that (which I think is 90 days on controllers)!

Most phone charger cables are just as short if not shorter, by the way

Dude....

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters%C2%AE-2-Pack-Hi-Speed-Micro-B/dp/B00HNF0Q54/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1435781384&sr=8-2&keywords=micro+usb+10%27+cable+matters&pebp=1435781386689&perid=06G5N1EJAHMAYXCZ5HGM

2x 10 foot cables for $8.99. 

But most importantly, you don't have to be plugged into the actual PS4 to charge man. You can use any USB power adapter (wall, floor,etc).

Yes yes, I'm aware most phone chargers can do it (though their cables are short, too!), but when you compare the INCLUDED solutions, both the Xbox One and Wii U fare much better.  The Xbox One gets 20 hours on AAs as it is, and the Wii U included an incredibly lengthy AC adapter (and cradle for 32GB owners).  

In other words, I know I can throw money at the problem, but compared to out-of-the-box situations for the other two, it's kind of a shame, lol

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

Where or how do you find the time play 3 consoles?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
Where or how do you find the time play 3 consoles?

I don't, I work my ass off to make the time

Though I have other announcements coming up that will explain a lot, lol

^^/

I hope your reasoning changes once you start playing some of the games, because owning it just to produce content or justify the channel seems sad.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
I hope your reasoning changes once you start playing some of the games, because owning it just to produce content or justify the channel seems sad.

What seems sad is that you make this assumption without actually knowing my channel or its type of content, and thus don't know my nature towards the core of gaming.

^^/

Agree with the battery life. I bought a large cable for that reason. It sucks

Angelv577 said:
Agree with the battery life. I bought a large cable for that reason. It sucks

Yea I looked around to see if I had a long enough cable sitting around, but I don't ._.  I REALLY don't want to have to buy a cable JUST for this reason, lmao... I might go the 2000mAh battery replacement when the warranty runs out on the contoller! xD

^^/
ZyroXZ2 said:
outlawauron said:

What seems sad is that you make this assumption without actually knowing my channel or its type of content, and thus don't know my nature towards the core of gaming.

I watched 3 or 4 more videos before posting. I just took it as a comedic covering my bases type of thing. Regardless, I do hope you have fun.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Congrats! Why do PS4 controllers have such bad battery lives?

NNID: FrequentFlyer54