By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the first RPG you ever played?

Not even sure... there wasn't that many RPG released for the NES in Sweden back in the days so I am guessing it could be Lagoon for the SNES or perhaps something on PC.

Around the Network

The original Final Fantasy on the NES. I finished it a dozen times and became intimately familiar with it. Now-a-days I think it's a dated relic and only enjoy the remakes :/

Pokémon Blue? Final Fantasy IV? Super Mario RPG? I can't really tell.

Pokemon. Duh.

Pokemon Yellow on the Gameboy color back in 1998/1999.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Around the Network

I can't remember if it was Super Mario RPG or Final Fantasy VI.

Fallout New Vegas on the PS3.

I was a bit late to the party.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Pokemon was my first game ever.

Final Fantasy on NES, and Sorcerian on PC. The one that made me LOVE old school rpgs though, was FFIV (II) on SNES, which is still to this day my fav., and I consider it the best rpg ever made.

HoloDust said:
I wasn't big fan of RPGs back in days, though few of my friends tried to get me into it, but eventually I saw the light with Dungeon Master on Amiga around 87/88.

same here Dungeon Master on the Amiga was the first rpg I recall playing , I played most of the rpg's out at that that time like ultima, bards tale etc but Dungeon Master really started it.

I shared a house with a French hippie, who got paid through an education grant to Dungeon Master D&D games to a bunch of teenagers every sunday at a local college , (it was credited with an improvement in their grades) , he was a real character loved the Lord of the rings , made  chainmail  for people belonging to a medieval society he was a part of , he also owned an Amiga and introduced me to Dungeon Master in particular and rpgs in general.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot