By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN download speeds in Europe crippled, Sony investigates

I downloaded a 350MB Tales from the Borderlands update (but not chapter 3! > pretty fast a couple of days ago, but now PSN is down for maintenance.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Meh, it doesn't make any difference for me with my already atrociously low bandwidth.

Tachikoma said:
24gb for a patch is just ridiculous.

Aye, for comparison sake the entire WoW download is 28gb for 6 expansions worth of MMO universe to get lost in, just how much more walking simulator was added to ESO I wonder in those 24gb? :D

As for the download speeds just got a 2.5gb game there and took around 1 hour, given my net max download speed is 1.4mb that wasn't too far off the mark considering twas wireless to the vita while doing other bits and pieces online too. Maybe my net here in Ireland is just below what people would refer to as "crippled" already lol so I didn't notice.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Not new, i've had this problem for weeks/months. It must be some kind of bug because it gets fixed if the download connection is reset several times (pause/unpause or test network connection) and gets super fast for a while until the problem comes back and you have to do the same again. Dunno what is up with that

Haxors strike again!

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
Not new, i've had this problem for weeks/months. It must be some kind of bug because it gets fixed if the download connection is reset several times (pause/unpause or test network connection) and gets super fast for a while until the problem comes back and you have to do the same again. Dunno what is up with that

I found out that it actually download games at the normal faster speed if you cancel them and then download from the library, patches cant be downloaded that way tough