By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - There a chance of ARM processors next gen?

Op

Around the Network

Nope, they'll opt for LEG processors instead.

i doubt it unless Arms cpus become so much cheaper and more powerful but consoles will be aiming for BC i think

For handhelds probably. For consoles never.

Also, your OP is dangerously low on on content. You might want to add something to it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Can someone please summarize OP, I don't have time to read all that.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

it can but handheld consoles might want to use ARM processors to compete better on smartphones and tablets. for home consoles the trend is having a budget PC specs.

No.

gabzjmm23 said:
it can but handheld consoles might want to use ARM processors to compete better on smartphones and tablets. for home consoles the trend is having a budget PC specs.

the PSVita already is ARM based

@ topic)

Nintendo might go the ARM route for their home console, the next Tegra or the latest PowerVR design (not yet used in mobile chips) should hit comfortably above WiiU (GPU) performance - not sure about the CPU side of things

I've been thinking lately that a way back into the market for them could be to combine their home console and handheld efforts into a 6-7" tablet with full android support and dual boot into gaming mode ("closer-to-metal" OS) which has detachable (magnetic) controlsticks etc for full controlpad gaming on the go, but slick tablet design for people who "dont want to look weird" when outside. It should also come with a home cradle for easy TV connection and wireless controller compatibility once you are at home.

but in a pretty recent interview they seem to want to focus on a low-price machine(~$250), which said tablet obviously wouldn't be

Op, either add more to your first post or im locking this.

Are the upcoming ARM processors got the power on par with PS4 and X1? The only thing to use an ARM processor for consoles is - efficiency with the power needed for the current gen and move that tech to the next gen. But as of the moment we dont have that details in this thread