By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's time - Reggie needs to quit, Now!

fireburn95 said:
MoHasanie said:

But it seems like all of Nintendo's executives have that problem not just Reggie. 

Well I agree with that, but Reggie's doing serious damage on a large scale to nintendo fans (saying Iwata didn't apologise) and developers (VR isn't fun or social even though I haven't played it recently)

I think Iwata could do better if his A-team were better

Well that's true. Yeah I guess its time for Reggie to leave now. His silly statements are still better than what Don Mattrick and Jack Tretton have said in the past though. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
fireburn95 said:

Well I agree with that, but Reggie's doing serious damage on a large scale to nintendo fans (saying Iwata didn't apologise) and developers (VR isn't fun or social even though I haven't played it recently)

I think Iwata could do better if his A-team were better

Well that's true. Yeah I guess its time for Reggie to leave now. His silly statements are still better than what Don Mattrick and Jack Tretton have said in the past though. 

Jack was a dick too lol at some points especially with his '3ds is for kids' comments.

In his favour though he did change, and on the blogcast he did actually wish nintendo all the best with the wii u's launch, citing that sony need nintendo in the industry because of how well nintendo can introduce gaming to the masses including non gamers.

Don Mattrick wasn't likeable, didn't strike me as a person who loved the industry in a non-professional way and his comments were severely damaging to the xbox business. Some of the troubles xbox still faces now is seemingly irrepairable from what Don would say/do.

Mr_No said:
This reminds me when everyone wanted Satoru Iwata fired. It's almost the same thing.

NX is Iwata's last chance to show signs of a good CEO.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Reggie just has his ups and downs. He can go a long time as a decent president and then all of a sudden make a streak of questionable comments.

Reggie will never quit. Maybe he won't have as much power as today, but he's iconic for Nintendo of Amerca, he will never, ever quit.

Around the Network

Reggie doesn't even have any real power, why fire him? >.

MohammadBadir said:
Reggie doesn't even have any real power, why fire him? >.<

As I said, if he has the power to damage, he has/ or atleast should have the power to control. He's detremental to the reputation of NoA and he needs to either leave or step down and take a lesser role within nintendo

IamAwsome said:
fireburn95 said:

Again you nitpick one point when you probably didn't even read entirety of OP, 

Reggie is damaging Nintendos reputation with development community. You haven't addressed that. 

Also he is plain out lying/deceiving which can also affect Nintendos reputation with the fans, which if you click the links on OP, it effing has already.

According to you, Reggie is incapable of fighting for more control in the business. You keep saying I don't understand Nintendos business structure, but does the fact Japan has so much power justify Reggie's lack of responsibility?

Reggie's name is on the signature of NoA, if he has no major control, and he is unable to gain more decision making power, why is he still there? If NoJ drive NoA into the ground, Reggie will get the blame because in any other business, the president or coo of the company does get the blame, there's no exceptions in the real world of business

Yes, that is absolutely true. Reggie is the President and COO of Nintendo of America, but he doesn't have as much power as you think he does. Things like marketing, hardware, and online go back to Kyoto.   

Article on Dan Adelman and Nintendo of America

One thing that Reggie appears to have control over is American third party relations.  He mentioned the Wii's lack of mature third party games in the past, and seeing as EA/WB/Activision/THQ/Irrational were onboard with the Wii U from the start,  he tried to fix that issue. Same with the 3DS. The reasons they left, power and sales, go back to Kyoto. 

There are also several reviews on Glassdor that say some variation of "Japan has control/micromanages/We have to do what they say and never question it". 

Kotaku article on game company reviews

Nintendo of America doesn't have as much say as you  think. If they did you wouldn't see marketing blunders like E3 2012 and the god-awful Wii U launch ads. Heck, Iwata himself was responsible for Nintendo switching to directs instead of pressers. Does all of this justify Reggie's lack of responsibility? Not really, I think Reggie could do a better job, but it gives some background and context for his particular situation. 

If Reggie really does have such a lack of power/say in the business even though his position should theoretically give him a lot of sway, why hasn't he left?

I can't imagine how demoralising that sort of position would be. Or is the money really that good that he just doesn't care?

Scoobes said:
IamAwsome said:
fireburn95 said:

Again you nitpick one point when you probably didn't even read entirety of OP, 

Reggie is damaging Nintendos reputation with development community. You haven't addressed that. 

Also he is plain out lying/deceiving which can also affect Nintendos reputation with the fans, which if you click the links on OP, it effing has already.

According to you, Reggie is incapable of fighting for more control in the business. You keep saying I don't understand Nintendos business structure, but does the fact Japan has so much power justify Reggie's lack of responsibility?

Reggie's name is on the signature of NoA, if he has no major control, and he is unable to gain more decision making power, why is he still there? If NoJ drive NoA into the ground, Reggie will get the blame because in any other business, the president or coo of the company does get the blame, there's no exceptions in the real world of business

Yes, that is absolutely true. Reggie is the President and COO of Nintendo of America, but he doesn't have as much power as you think he does. Things like marketing, hardware, and online go back to Kyoto.   

Article on Dan Adelman and Nintendo of America

One thing that Reggie appears to have control over is American third party relations.  He mentioned the Wii's lack of mature third party games in the past, and seeing as EA/WB/Activision/THQ/Irrational were onboard with the Wii U from the start,  he tried to fix that issue. Same with the 3DS. The reasons they left, power and sales, go back to Kyoto. 

There are also several reviews on Glassdor that say some variation of "Japan has control/micromanages/We have to do what they say and never question it". 

Kotaku article on game company reviews

Nintendo of America doesn't have as much say as you  think. If they did you wouldn't see marketing blunders like E3 2012 and the god-awful Wii U launch ads. Heck, Iwata himself was responsible for Nintendo switching to directs instead of pressers. Does all of this justify Reggie's lack of responsibility? Not really, I think Reggie could do a better job, but it gives some background and context for his particular situation. 

If Reggie really does have such a lack of power/say in the business even though his position should theoretically give him a lot of sway, why hasn't he left?

I can't imagine how demoralising that sort of position would be. Or is the money really that good that he just doesn't care?

Exactly! People here seem to think that reggies role/or lack thereof is justified by the fact he has little to do. I do not know any COO or president of a company who's overall involvement is minor. But at the end of the day, Reggie's will be held responsible if NoA fails/or fans turn against them so he either needs to fight for more power and get an attitude adjustment    or    quit

I don t like Reggie but his talking points come from Japan and Reggie is actually the number 2 guy in NA- Iwata appointed himself the #1 guy a few years ago_ Reggie is not doing anything that Japan is not on board with- if anything he is acting as a distraction from Iwata, Myamoto and Nintendo

Reggie is the bad cop - Iwata and Myamoto are the god cops