By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you think of Marijuana?

famousringo said:
kenzomatic said:
Euphoria14 said:
^ The only reason why I do not support that argument is that if they do not legalize it they will just continue to push Marijuana. Either way drug dealers are going to push something so I really can't support that argument.

Exactly instead of some more harmful drug they push Marijuana.

No, the dangerous dealers are already pushing far more dangerous and lucrative products. Crack and meth are easy to make, insanely addictive, and extremely destructive.

If it was legalized, the dealers who only distribute marijauna would probably just join the new marijauna industry and start paying taxes. Sounds terrible. 

Drug dealing is about money not paying taxes. And yes meth is a huge problem let me say that again HUGE problem.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network
ElRhodeo said:
@ fakejake

Like I said, I don't smoke weed, cause I tried it and don't like it. But that's not where the problem is, everybody is entitled to like it or not.

What's a problem is your ultra-authoritan, violent and fascist ideas of what should be done to people who do something they should be free to.

Personally, I don't encourage smoking Marijuana, cause I think it can make you indifferent and even stupid if you abuse it; and it definitely is a gateway drug. In discussions with my friends, I usually argue against weed, because I dislike many people who smoke a lot.
But I like drinking (occasionally, on parties), so I have to be fair and let others have their fun with their preferred drug, too. You can abuse everything, alcohol, internet, ...

jake_the_fake1 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Euphoria14 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
Euphoria14 said:
^ I for one always do it responsibly. As I said it is not hard to quit. My niece' birth is right around the corner, so pretty much on the drop of a dime I have dropped my smoking habit, yet need medicine to help me drop my cigarette habit.

I never asked if you could quite, I asked why you smoke it in the 1st place, so please enlighten us on why you smoke marijuana?

That was not aimed at you. God your really getting annoying.

Why do I smoke? Easy.

I want to. What more justification do I need besides my own? Do I need your permission? No. Must I explain myself to someone who thinks a teacher's word is fact? No.

You on the other hand are a different story. You are here bashing something you know NOTHING about.

Uhhhh... have you been reading? Or just quoting so you can keep going with this nonsense?

Plus the fact I have said a few times in this thread that I enjoy smoking when I game.

Try reading before attempting to belittle me.

their just no use try to talk to a stoner, so I'll try something more on your level k, perhaps you should try the next level, heroine, I hear it gives you a better high than marijuana and since it's the high you must be seeking then why not go for the one that gives you the ultimate high, let it fry your brain.

Anyways I've had my fun, YAY for fun, but I'm off, laterz yalz. XD

LMFAO heroin is the next level from marijuana?

...they are nothing alike.

Weed doesn't cause the addiction, euphoria(the reason why anyone would be lured into trying it in the first place), or overall inability to function properly like heroin does.

I'm assuming from the typing style this person is like 12 though, so good don't do drugs.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Moongoddess256 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Euphoria14 said:
jake_the_fake1 said:
Euphoria14 said:
^ I for one always do it responsibly. As I said it is not hard to quit. My niece' birth is right around the corner, so pretty much on the drop of a dime I have dropped my smoking habit, yet need medicine to help me drop my cigarette habit.

I never asked if you could quite, I asked why you smoke it in the 1st place, so please enlighten us on why you smoke marijuana?

That was not aimed at you. God your really getting annoying.

Why do I smoke? Easy.

I want to. What more justification do I need besides my own? Do I need your permission? No. Must I explain myself to someone who thinks a teacher's word is fact? No.

You on the other hand are a different story. You are here bashing something you know NOTHING about.

Uhhhh... have you been reading? Or just quoting so you can keep going with this nonsense?

Plus the fact I have said a few times in this thread that I enjoy smoking when I game.

Try reading before attempting to belittle me.

their just no use try to talk to a stoner, so I'll try something more on your level k, perhaps you should try the next level, heroine, I hear it gives you a better high than marijuana and since it's the high you must be seeking then why not go for the one that gives you the ultimate high, let it fry your brain.

Anyways I've had my fun, YAY for fun, but I'm off, laterz yalz. XD

LMFAO heroin is the next level from marijuana?

...they are nothing alike.

Weed doesn't cause the addiction, euphoria(the reason why anyone would be lured into trying it in the first place), or overall inability to function properly like heroin does.

I'm assuming from the typing style this person is like 12 though, so good don't do drugs.

I guess my username makes him hate me so.

Addiction works on so many things. Some people are even addicted to working out because it gives them a euphoric feeling as well. My girlfriend who gave up pot a couple months back mentioned this yesterday after coming home from the gym, she said this euphoric feeling makes everything seem so clear to her and made her energetic.

Me, it just makes me tired. Maybe because I lift 70lb+ rolls of fabric all day. I even mentioned on another site that I am sending out the AF96 fabric they are using for the Mets Locker room in the new Citi Field (We make it BTW). Exciting stuff for a Mets fan like me as I get to keep some. Kind of like having a brick from the old Ebbets field.

Everyone has their own preference. :)

I know the locker room thing is very off topic, but I mentioned my job and it kind of excites me.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

For the "Hater" out there. Time to take a couple hits and jump over to Blue Dragon. I have alot of time off thanks to Vertigo anyways so now is as good a time as any to get some time in.

MaruMaro's voice is a little more tolerable once you've taken a couple hits.

Anyone know if alcohol helps or is his characters voice acting a lost cause?

Edit - Ahh... NVM. Promised myself no pot until my Sister moves out a couple months after the birth.

Oh well... annoying Marumaro here I come!!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

In general
>) Heavy weed smoking isn't the best idea. Amotivational syndrome, it takes a toll on your lungs, etc.

That being said:
I smoke from time to time with varying frequency. Nothing wrong with it, it's fun, its not inherently dangerous, it makes some things (games/movies/roller coasters/swimming/etc) incredibly fun, and it's a good time with friends.

It's a plant, not some fiendishly concocted drug. It won't make you evil, or stupid, or get you sick and kill you, make you lose control, or anything like that. It's probably a much milder, more laid back experience than many non-smokers imagine.

You'll be a little less ambitious and you won't be running any marathons any time soon, but pot really isn't that bad at all, period.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Euphoria14 said:
If people didn't enjoy Blue Dragon because they thought it was kiddy, try playing it after a few hits on the bong. The game is GREAT!!!

I think gaming in general is so much more appealing when I am stoned.

I am a frequent user, I smoke every 2 days, usually after work and on weekends I smoke a couple time, although never outside of my own house.

It was actually an easy decision to drop Alcohol and go for Marijuana. At my Sister's Baby Shower I had myself 3 Goose and Bulls and what did I somehow get for my drinking? Doctor diagnosed me with Vertigo, most likely due to Alcohol consumption. I have now been out of work for 2 weeks and hating every moment of it. Apart from gaming of course. :)

Best game ever when stoned is Everyday Shooter.  It blows your mind!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

stof said:
You know. This would be a much more interesting, insightful and friendly discussion if everyone were high.

LMAO, nice one stof.  I must say to those who act like marijuana is highly addictive that I have seen just as many people's work ethic/lives ruined by video games as marijuana.  Should we make video games illegal?  I don't think any of you would go for that.

If people have an addictive personality, they can get addicted to just about anything, whether it be food, sex, drugs, or video games.  It is their responsibility to control themselves.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Anti-drug people piss me off. What I do in a responsible manner in my private life is nobody's Goddamned business. I'm not hurting anyone but myself and no one has the right to police consenting adults in their own homes.

One of the greatest lines ever spoken was:

"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins."

Stop telling others what to do. I don't know if people do it out of boredom in their own lives, because they have a religious belief they want to enforce on others, or whatever reason, but it's that kind of holier-than-thou attitude that continually fucks over this world of ours.

And just to go on the record, I hate marijuana. But it's not my right to tell others what they can and cannot do in their free time.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Anti-drug people piss me off. What I do in a responsible manner in my private life is nobody's Goddamned business. I'm not hurting anyone but myself and no one has the right to police consenting adults in their own homes.

One of the greatest lines ever spoken was:

"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins."

Stop telling others what to do. I don't know if people do it out of boredom in their own lives, because they have a religious belief they want to enforce on others, or whatever reason, but it's that kind of holier-than-thou attitude that continually fucks over this world of ours.

And just to go on the record, I hate marijuana. But it's not my right to tell others what they can and cannot do in their free time.

Word.

The same goes for sexuality. It puzzles me how today people can still feel offended by someone else's sexual orientation or preferences. 

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii)