By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reggie of Nintendo comments on 360

http://download.gamevideos.com/Podcasts/022208.mp3

Its a podcast so bear with me here and reggie himself is not on it. Shane Bentenhausen of 1up.com was invited to a luncheon with reggie where i guess they ate lunch and discussed games.

The exact qoute from shane "Jeff keeley asked if you were microsft what would you do? Reggie responded i wont answer that precisely but ill tell you what i would think if i was ms shareholder, i would think that the xbox project may not have been a good idea over all."

Shane says this a little bit before the middle of the podcast.

Your thoughts, opinions, comments, concerns?

Is reggie on to something or is he just talking smack?

Around the Network

I don't agree. As a commercial venture it has not been a huge success (though this generation has been far more successful than the last) however as a challenge to Sony - it has had far more luck and may well have more than payed for itself in that it is partially responsible for the comparative failure of the PS3.

Reggie... or anybody for that matters, should shut up about other company's business, especially if you don't have anything constructive to say.

Saying Microsoft's xbox isn't an 'smart idea' is just asking to get yourself disrespected by gamers.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Rath said:
I don't agree. As a commercial venture it has not been a huge success (though this generation has been far more successful than the last) however as a challenge to Sony - it has had far more luck and may well have more than payed for itself in that it is partially responsible for the comparative failure of the PS3.

LOL

PS3 won Sony the Format war worth BILLIONS, Its already become a massive success for them.

Shareholders want their company to make as much profit as possible. I believe that Microsoft could have used all of the money they spent on the Xboxs in a more profitable way. If I were a Microsoft shareholder I wouldn't think the Xbox project was a good idea.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
Reggie... or anybody for that matters, should shut up about other company's business, especially if you don't have anything constructive to say.

Saying Microsoft's xbox isn't an 'smart idea' is just asking to get yourself disrespected by gamers.

They asked a question and he answered, it is not like he released a press release stating that.

What kind of power does Reggie really have at Nintendo? It seems to me that all the shots are called in Japan and he's just the poster boy in America. What exactly did he do that contributed to the success of the Wii? If he wasn't there would it have sold a lot less or something?

Legend11 said:
What kind of power does Reggie really have at Nintendo? It seems to me that all the shots are called in Japan and he's just the poster boy in America. What exactly did he do that contributed to the success of the Wii? If he wasn't there would it have sold a lot less or something?

His job entails taking names at major game conventions.

Mars said:
Rath said:

LOL

PS3 won Sony the Format war worth BILLIONS, Its already become a massive success for them.

Comparative failure as in loss of revenue, sales and brand-value in comparison to last generation. The entire Blu-Ray thing is another kettle of fish but the preffered (and expected) outcome for Sony was to win this generation in terms of sales, which they have catastrophically failed to do as of now.

Also a more fair claim would be that PS3 won Blu-Ray the format war, not Sony. Sony doesn't actually own Blu-Ray, only a part of it. Blu-Ray is owned by -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc_Association 

@Legend. I don't actually know, to me it seems to be more organising sales and marketing in America rather than having any influence over R&D or any major decisions outside of that field. 

Legend11 said:
It took a lot a while, but I found some cold hard evidence to show just how big of a factor Reggie played in the the Nintendaissance (word I just made up).

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.