Crysis 3, Very High, SMAA 80.1 81.5 69.7
Assassin's Creed Unity, Ultra High, FXAA 56.0 62.4 50.0
Far Cry 4, Ultra, SMAA 82.4 87.4 75.0
COD Advanced Warfare, Extra, FSMAA 112.3 128.1 108.6
Ryse: Son of Rome, High, SMAA 81.8 76.1 74.5
Shadow of Mordor, Ultra, High Textures, FXAA 101.9 91.7 89.4
Tomb Raider, Ultimate, FXAA 107.1 118.2 97.9

Around the Network

Pretty much what I expected. Fury X and 980ti should have a similar ratio.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

390x is not the top card... its just a overclocked 290x with better GDDR5.
Basically if you ran the tests with a normal 290x, they would look almost identical to that.

The new cards I think are called something like Fury and Fury X.

JRPGfan said:

Basically if you ran the tests with a normal 290x, they would look almost identical to that.

980 is not the top card either. So I don't know what you want to say with that.

It's actually really surprising that they managed to boost the performance of the 390X as much as they did even though it's just a rebrand with minor improvements.

the 390X is the direct opponent to the 980 while the Fury X goes directly against the 980ti. The fury Pro should be somewhere between 980 and 980ti.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm still shocked that these cards aren't HDMI 2.0. That's a huge miss for us 4K TV owners.

Around the Network
vivster said:
JRPGfan said:

It's actually really surprising that they managed to boost the performance of the 390X as much as they did even though it's just a rebrand with minor improvements.

the 390X is the direct opponent to the 980 while the Fury X goes directly against the 980ti. The fury Pro should be somewhere between 980 and 980ti.

Yes, but then there's AMD's Fury Nano which they say will be faster than a 290X, putting it against the 980 too.

I think that Fury X and Fury are have the same chip, and that the main difference is the cooling. There's only $100 between them, there's no way AMD only charges that much for a better chip and the best cooling any reference card has ever had. But it makes sense to charge that little if the only difference is the cooler.

That would leave Fury X on par with 980Ti with lots of room for OC'ing, then the regular, air-cooled, Fury again on par with 980Ti but with limited OC-ability, and lastly Fury Nano to compete with the 980.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
vivster said:
JRPGfan said:

Yes, but then there's AMD's Fury Nano which they say will be faster than a 290X, putting it against the 980 too.

I think that Fury X and Fury are have the same chip, and that the main difference is the cooling. There's only $100 between them, there's no way AMD only charges that much for a better chip and the best cooling any reference card has ever had. But it makes sense to charge that little if the only difference is the cooler.

That would leave Fury X on par with 980Ti with lots of room for OC'ing, then the regular, air-cooled, Fury again on par with 980Ti but with limited OC-ability, and lastly Fury Nano to compete with the 980.

The Fury Pro has some shaders disabled, it will be quite noticeably below the 980ti.

I'm interested in the OC potential of the Fury X because the 980ti has some significant room for OC us well even under air cooling. There are even som custom cards going up to 40+% with room to spare.

vivster said:
JEMC said:
vivster said:

The Fury Pro has some shaders disabled, it will be quite noticeably below the 980ti.

I'm interested in the OC potential of the Fury X because the 980ti has some significant room for OC us well even under air cooling. There are even som custom cards going up to 40+% with room to spare.

I also read about the disabled parts, but I don't know if they come from AMD or from "other sources".

As far as OC, Fury X can get to 1,200 MHz without touching the voltage... but that's because voltage tweaking is so far disabled. AMD could launch a patch to enable it after launch. Memory overclock will probably be impossible, but with these cards it's fair to say that there's already plenty of bandwidth so it shouldn't be a problem. And the fan of the radiator doesn't go beyond 15% while regular gaming, so there's ample room for OC if there is a way to increase the voltages.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

That power draw. Ewww.

But I guess Nvidia did miracles with Maxwell.

haxxiy said:

That power draw. Ewww.

But I guess Nvidia did miracles with Maxwell.

The 390X just gets the same bad pattern of the 2XX series. However, The Fury and Fury X GPUs with HBM have a TDP more on par with Maxwell. I'm getting a new GPU in August and I'm right now waiting for benchmarks for the 2 Fury card to decide between one of them and the 980ti.