By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why haven't Sony or MS copied Wii Play?

Does anyone wonder why Sony or MS haven't copied Wii Play? Seems it would be a simple matter to create some mini-game or demo, perhaps even a platinum title, to include with a controller and charge a couple bucks more. Is it pride or something?

GT5P would have seemed like the perfect time to adopt this strategy. 

Around the Network

What would be the point?

A better question is why haven't they copied Smash Brothers.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

The point would have been millions in sales and having a guaranteed chart topper for months.

The only problem with GT5P is ... it's too expensive. If it really was only like 10-15 bucks, it would be awesome if they had it with the Dualshock 3.

I don't know why. Seems like a no brainer.

For 360, I would have the wireless controller with a 7-day Live Gold trial and an arcade game (Uno, N+, Rez HD, or something).

For PS3, I would have the Sixaxis with fl0w or Blast Factor or Super Stardust HD.

Why they haven't introduced a similar program (and expanded upon it) or even established a formal platnium hits library is unknown ...

In the past, Microsoft has mentioned that they want the downloadable content on XBox Live to have a fee in order to preserve its value so it is possible that Microsoft has a similar mindset about games; at the same time I think Sony and Nintendo have a great deal of difficulty in selecting adequate content for either a platnium hits library or packaged games (due to how short of a timeframe they have been out for).

Personally, I think bundling is a great way to minimize the growing costs associated with gaming ... being that controllers are $40 to $60 seeing dual-controller bundles with consoles and games with controllers for $60/$70 makes it far more reasonable for most people.

Around the Network

Yea, PS3 one could just like show off SixAxis or some bullshit like that.

Aj_habfan said:
Yea, PS3 one could just like show off SixAxis or some bullshit like that.

I understand there's some sixaxis controlled bowling PSN game, maybe they can make pre-paid card + sixaxis combo?

A WiiSports would make even more sense. Give away a fun tech demo with the system. It works.

---------------
The Board is the best site on the Internet.

Because Wii Play in and of itself sucks monkey balls. It only sells well because of the bundled controller.

Sony will copy it eventually, they seem to copy everything else.