By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: games nowadays look so realistic that they all look the same

last92 said:
This just proves his ignorance about some 90% of the games out there.

Just came to post this, so thanks for saving me the effort.

I honestly can't believe he said it.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

That is why he is losing and the trend will continue in the future. Get used to the wii u failure because ironically your future is looking so similar that I can't tell the difference

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

AbbathTheGrim said:
You got to leave it to this guy to fail at spinning technical achievements by creating realism into something negative.

If other companies, developers mostly make the same realistic games, then Nintendo mostly make cartoon style games.

But people here won't point the above because that is what they like.

This is the best post of this thread. Sums up both Miyamoto and most of the people posting here.

chakkra said:

Well, that's like saying that all movies look the same because they all look realistic. Or are they really gonna tell me that The Division, Horizon Zero Dawn, Star Wars Battlefront, Uncharted, Ryse, The Order, Destiny, FarCry 4, Infamous, Batman, Witcher 3, etc, they all look same? come on.

And my apologies to the Nintendo fans but I'll have to call him out on this one. For someone who loves to wave around the "Diversity and originality" flag so much, he does like to put way too many 2D platformers out. And yes, I know there are other genres available on the Wii U, but I think five 2D platformers in less than three years is going overboard. Especially when you have only one game that could be called FPS, only one Open-World and only one action adventure game.

And yes, I know some different genres are coming out later on, but that doesnt change the fact that FIVE 2D platformers got the attention first.

Yes I feel the same about my Wii U. People here say it has variety which somehow I just don't get.

pokoko said:

Yeah, I hate when different games all look the same. 

Ok now you are hater. If you look closely in the 64315341 pixel you'll see a different green. Hum!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Funny how many Said he is right because they don't like or worst never play realistic game. How can taste become facts?

Now that the consensus is in a lot and not most if we cut by percentage which platform have more games that look alike. Ps4X1 with the military shooters looking quite close (but other fps and tps differentiating), or Racing games being almost photorealistic (and that never being a problem), most of other genres even when going for better graphics or realism have art direction that make them different. Or Nintendo, on percentage they alone on Mario games cover more of the available experiences than both genres on ps4X1. So the silly a lot of them look the same is even more true.

I love anime and series. And for people who don't know naruto and one piece look the same, but would be false to say they look. Same with sseries and movies, they are all life taken shots, but don't look the same. I Love several Nintendo games, but to me they look and play the same more than Sony 1st parties.

And if miyamoto is being wrongly read it's his fault for conveying the wrong message and very bad timing.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Stupid remark, there are more art styles in gaming than there have ever been in the past.