By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Oh oh! Microsoft's E&D unit earns $524 million

Hehe, thats what I'm noticing. lol. I havent seen tooo many of his post tho, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to an honest mistake. It just bothers me that people don't think sometimes and just blindly attack an oppossing oppinion or comment without really understanding whats being said and then throws in an unnecessary insult.Though it does happen to the best of us, I just find it childish IMHO.

Around the Network

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft combines motion controls and traditional controls in its controller next gen. Maybe they'll have a controller that breaks apart or something.

Microsoft would be stupid if they didn't focus on creating more reliable hardware next gen aswell.

I'd be excited if they went completely towards a download based model. It makes a whole lot of sense as it would remove the cost of pressing the dvd's. which would be extremely helpful considering the cost of development these days.

FaRmLaNd said:

I'd be excited if they went completely towards a download based model. It makes a whole lot of sense as it would remove the cost of pressing the dvd's. which would be extremely helpful considering the cost of development these days.

The problem is it's a lot cheaper to add a BD then it is to put a HD that will need to be 10 times the size. Also, you will require everyone to have very high speed. I have what is called high speed (1 mbit wireless, as I live in the country), yet that is no where near fast enough to DL a 30-50 gig game. All the multi-plat games will need to be that size, because Sony wil have a BR, and MS does not want there version of the game to look worse. So your market would be people who have very high speed networks. Not sure I would want to tie a product I am trying to sell 100 million of to that requirement.

The only way DL's would work, is if they went after Nintendo, and left the high visual (and thus large size) games to Sony. If they did this, they would 100% fail, so I don't think that will be there market strategy.