By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - We truly are the worst fans.

Ruler said:
Yeah but some things didnt deserved outrage

Whether or not that's true doesn't negate my point.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Augen said:
I don't view my relationship with video games companies like I do with a sports club.

I have silly blind devotion to my club even if they stink for years and break my heart. I can grumble about them, but I'm not going to switch loyalties based on who is winning.

With video game companies my loyalty is based on them making games I enjoy. If they stop doing that then I stop buying their games and go to companies that make games I enjoy.

My loyalty is to gaming first, and the companies second.

This.

I always saw fanboys exactly as you describe them. Your style is the way to go.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

"Nintendo, im your fan and i will always be with you"

What a horrible message to send to a for-profit corporation, not only for consumers but also for the company itself. It validates bad decisions and is possibly one of the reasons Nintendo is in such a mess right now.

I think some fans are chilling out a bit already.

It's the folks right on the fence about WiiU or who have WiiU but no 3DS who are clearly the most upset.

Needless to say, male Link in a dress is something I'd rather not see again.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Going to give this thread a lock. Telling others that they're not real fans if they feel a certain way (along with the whole overall premiss of this thread) is only to attract the wrong type of attention. So this is going to get closed before it goes any further along that road.