By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Titania looks beautiful on Star Fox Zero

Titania looks

beautiful 44 34.11%

nice enough 40 31.01%

meh 30 23.26%

terrible 15 11.63%

Total:129

Last year, Miyamoto said that the game was using Wii properties since that is where the game was intended to be.. I could definitely see Platinum polishing the fuck out of this.. Then again, I could also see them delaying this game.

It's sort of sad how back in the day, me and my brother would stare at our TV trying to figure out why Star Fox looked so insane on our SNES.. We were younger, so we didn't know about the whole "Super FX chip" thing . It's sad to see how a game that wow'd audiences with visuals has come to such half assed state.
Now, don't get me wrong here.. I'm actually shocked that Nintendo has decided to give us a straight up 64-like Star Fox, but when Miyamoto talked about the cinematics before the reveal, I was expecting beautiful visuals like Mario Kart, and not something so unpolished.

Around the Network
BlueSlippySocks said:

It's sort of sad how back in the day, me and my brother would stare at our TV trying to figure out why Star Fox looked so insane on our SNES.. We were younger, so we didn't know about the whole "Super FX chip" thing . It's sad to see how a game that wow'd audiences with visuals has come to such half assed state.

Yeah, that's the thing; Starfox has traditionally been associated with amazing graphics.

The SNES original blew people's minds back in 1993, the N64 followup in 1997 was one of the best looking games on the planet at the time, and Starfox Adventures was one of the prettiest Gamecube titles.

This on the other hand is actually below average for the system it's on.

I think the lighting effects in that level are tricking you into thinking the game looks good. Because besides that it still looks very rough around the edges. There are games on MUCH weaker hardware that look better.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

60 fps > visuals. Just give it a good art style and I'll be happy.

It does look really nice

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I think it looks like something that could easily be pulled on 7th gen hardware. Mk8 blows this away imo. The levels are pretty sparce. I hope it Atleast gets better textures. It just doesn't have that nintendo polish at all.

looks good,hypeddd

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

It would be cool if they polish every level to look as good as this one.

This demo showed so much better than the direct-trailer. Then again, that is exactly why they do treehouse - to showcase their stuff. I liked it alot :o

FragilE^ said:
This demo showed so much better than the direct-trailer. Then again, that is exactly why they do treehouse - to showcase their stuff. I liked it alot :o

Hear, hear. The initial gameplay trailer left me cold, but this footage is a lot more impressive.

Thank goodness for the Treehouse