By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yoshi´s Woolly World Reviews Thread (First reviews)

Metascore

+ 90 36 10.62%

+ 85 99 29.20%

+ 80 96 28.32%

+ 75 47 13.86%

+ 70 18 5.31%

+ 65 4 1.18%

+ 60 11 3.24%

OMG so CUTE :3 28 8.26%

Total:339
Kuksenkov said:
Yasss gamespot, follow dat Batman trend (just please, give a 6 to Uncharted, HALO

If they score Fallout 4 above a five, there'll be hell to pay lol

Around the Network

So the game has now 11 reviews and a 76, all the news reviews are  80 - 90 but those three 60 reviews are going to keep the score down for a while.

In the green now I see. Generally games don't move too much after a dozen or so reviews, so it looks like it is a good game, but not anything more. I'm definitely picking it up at some point.

celador said:
In the green now I see. Generally games don't move too much after a dozen or so reviews, so it looks like it is a good game, but not anything more. I'm definitely picking it up at some point.

Is gonna reach 80 from the reviews I have.

Yeah, low 80s looks like that is definitely where it's going to rest once everything is in and accounted for. Above average isn't a bad meta by any means though. I'm relatively content if a game is above 75 meta, and even then, if I like it, I just don't care about review scores.

Around the Network

Now we have 5 mixed reviews (60 - 74) and 13 reviews above 80 ( 6 reviews are 90)

Score? 77

Why not?

Are you saying that...Metacritic is unreliable ?

what a shocking news

Edwardooo said:
Are you saying that...Metacritic is unreliable ?

what a shocking news

On one hand, the meta scores after some time have passed aren't bad markers if you want a very general idea of whether or not the game is considered good. For the most part, if it has a 90+ on metacritic, odds are favorable that you'll have at least some fun with the game and will appreciate it, while a game under 70 meta on average will be less impressive. I don't think anybody purely relies on metascores since as a gamer, we should all have at least some vague idea of whether or not something will fit our tastes without needing a number to tell us for certain, but the diverse range of opinions at least for user reviews can be nice. I've seen some games that were ranked fairly positive critically, but more average by users with users doing a better job explaining the pros and cons of the experience than critics ever do in full reviews.

78 and growing. Most of the good reviews I have posted need to be added to metacritic, but all the bad reviews are already there.

I will update the OP and the title when the first 25 reviews are up

78%, come on, two more points! :(