By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 12 Minutes of Fast Racing Neo Gameplay

spemanig said:
Nuvendil said:

The trees close to the track certainly are not images.  The further off ones might be sprites ortwo planes crossed (these are common LOD methods) but the majority are models.  It is clear they used limited planes for the leaves.  

They definitely are images. They even to the Mario 64 thing where they always face you.

OH I see it now.  The palm trees at the start are sprites, yes.  The scraggly ones on the rocks/hills aren't.  Those are models.  I thought those were the ones you were saying were images.   The palms on the straightaway are, yes. 

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:

OH I see it now.  The palm trees at the start are sprites, yes.  The scraggly ones on the rocks/hills aren't.  Those are models.  I thought those were the ones you were saying were images.   The palms on the straightaway are, yes. 

Yeah, I was talking about the palms.

spemanig said:
Nuvendil said:

Yeah, I was talking about the palms.

Yep, and now I can't unsee it thanks :P

It's probably because it's around all the buildings and also the starting line so it's the most stressful area of the track.  Also, palms are  (essentially) fully symmetrical so there's not much chance you would notice when driving by.    Game still look s very pretty. 

PenguinZ said:

A 5 man team essentially created something that looks better than most of what Nintendo had to present this E3. Let that sink in for a moment.

"Most"?

It looks better than any of NIntendo's first party games at E3.

An indie developer just showed up a multi-billion dollar corporation.

curl-6 said:
PenguinZ said:

A 5 man team essentially created something that looks better than most of what Nintendo had to present this E3. Let that sink in for a moment.

"Most"?

Does it have boob physics like Fatal Frame tho? does it?

Yeah, i thought so

Around the Network
Busted said:
curl-6 said:
PenguinZ said:

"Most"?

Yeah, i thought so

Fatal Frame isn't first party. ;)

curl-6 said:
Busted said:

Yeah, i thought so

Don't try to shift my attention from what really matters here

curl-6 said:
PenguinZ said:

"Most"?

Let's be fair.  XCX, SMTxFE, and Fatal Frame are all more than capable of putting up a fight, unless you only mean visuals which is a tad bit unfair given that a racing game is always going to be the prettier game compared to other genres :P .  XCX is still the Wii U's most impressive title when looking at the whole package. 

Still, FAST fits in right alongside Nintendo's own products as a major release.  If I were them, I would fund a limited physical printing priced at ~$40.  It has the looks to turn heads with a bit of promotion.  And would improve Nintendo's shelf appearance.

EDIT:  And Fatal Frame is second party.  And so is SMTxFE kinda.  But XCX is first party.  SO there :P

Busted said:
curl-6 said:
Busted said:

Yeah, i thought so

Don't try to shift my attention from what really matters here

Well, the game's still in development; ask Shin'en on twitter if they can add female race announcers with boob physics.

Nuvendil said:
curl-6 said:

"Most"?

Let's be fair.  XCX, SMTxFE, and Fatal Frame are all more than capable of putting up a fight, unless you only mean visuals which is a tad bit unfair given that a racing game is always going to be the prettier game compared to other genres :P .  XCX is still the Wii U's most impressive title when looking at the whole package. 

Still, FAST fits in right alongside Nintendo's own products as a major release.  If I were them, I would fund a limited physical printing priced at ~$40.  It has the looks to turn heads with a bit of promotion.  And would improve Nintendo's shelf appearance.

EDIT:  And Fatal Frame is second party.  And so is SMTxFE kinda.  But XCX is first party.  SO there :P

I did mean visually, yeah. XCX is clearly the more impressive total package, but its impact is a bit diluted by now cos we've been seeing it for 2 and a half years. To me personally, FRN was the highlight of their show.

I agree that a physical print run is in order.