By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 40% of PS4 owners didn't own a PS3!

so ps4 will sell 150 million units, if all ps3 owner upgrade to ps4?

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Its not speculation, these are common issues when attempting to use cloud game services. If these issues werent common cloud gaming would be more popular.

And I would suggest getting an actual PS3 over the latency fest that can be PS Now. But it can be tolerable if using a device hardwired.

It's a common issue for you that is for sure if you have multiple devices running on the same network...

Oh wow, great advice to someone that doesn't know anything about networking. You should consider getting into customer support.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

It's a common issue for you that is for sure if you have multiple devices running on the same network...

Oh wow, great advice to someone that doesn't know anything about networking. You should consider getting into customer support.

Even up till now you've been dodging the question.

You know, for someone that doesn't know anything about networking, I sure do know how to read and understand the PS Now Requirements, and because of that I have no issues with it. https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5299/~/playstation-now-network-connection-information

Maybe you should take a look at that link, and educate yourself instead of assuming things about people. When you're wrong, you're wrong and you should feel bad about it.

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Playstation_awaiter said:
This explained everything at their e3, they are desperately trying to stop the migration. The controller was damage control for losing competitive cod, the rare collection was to bring over rare fans from the earlier Xbox to Nintendo transition, and then the backwards compatibility. Than you have your gears, halo, forza. Imo

Microsoft knew before last gen that gathering third party before Sony could reach the market was key to gaining a chunk of their famously huge former marketshare. They worked hard to get equal third party and rushed the R&D of the 360 so they could reach market a year ahead. Multiplat gamers jumped ship and the 360 had a strong lead once the PS3 dropped. People couldnt differentiate between the two so their vision was clouded after having to come to grips with the PS3's staggering price for the time. 

This is why Microsoft has the mindshare that it does. They can use price warfare to compete where Nintendo will not. Not only that...but they know third party is the key. Sony just took their gamers back and they are scrambling to get them to jump from the 360 to the Xbox One before its too late. Microsoft will sell fairly well this year, but nowhere near as well as the 360 gen.

How much are previous wii owners.? I'd say at least 5 percent for wii owners and at least 30 percent are 360.wonder if there are any People that have never owned a 7th gen console

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

I'm proud to be in that 40%!

deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You know, for someone that doesn't know anything about networking, I sure do know how to read and understand the PS Now Requirements, and because of that I have no issues with it. https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5299/~/playstation-now-network-connection-information

Maybe you should take a look at that link, and educate yourself instead of assuming things about people. When you're wrong, you're wrong and you should feel bad about it.

I'm not dodging the question, I just assumed you had common sense so I didn't bother answering it directly. So let me make it clear...

Yes, I verified nobody was on the network OR using a significant amount of resources. That's because I have common sense, I didn't need the support page for a simple issue like that. And like I told you before again and again, PS Now works best hardwired but still suffers from latency and degraded video quality.

I'm sorry, I know more about cloud gaming than you. I'm starting to wonder if you're defending a service you never attempted to use.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Playstation_awaiter said:
This explained everything at their e3, they are desperately trying to stop the migration. The controller was damage control for losing competitive cod, the rare collection was to bring over rare fans from the earlier Xbox to Nintendo transition, and then the backwards compatibility. Than you have your gears, halo, forza. Imo

Microsoft knew before last gen that gathering third party before Sony could reach the market was key to gaining a chunk of their famously huge former marketshare. They worked hard to get equal third party and rushed the R&D of the 360 so they could reach market a year ahead. Multiplat gamers jumped ship and the 360 had a strong lead once the PS3 dropped. People couldnt differentiate between the two so their vision was clouded after having to come to grips with the PS3's staggering price for the time. 

This is why Microsoft has the mindshare that it does. They can use price warfare to compete where Nintendo will not. Not only that...but they know third party is the key. Sony just took their gamers back and they are scrambling to get them to jump from the 360 to the Xbox One before its too late. Microsoft will sell fairly well this year, but nowhere near as well as the 360 gen.

The reason the XB1 won't sell as well is because its legs will be cut short by a regular life generation (5-6 years). No more waiting 10 years for the next console (though then again, last gen was very unusual). The XB1 will sell very well, as most 360 fans will want to get it. I also want to note, many Wii fans could have jumped ship as well.

super6646 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The reason the XB1 won't sell as well is because its legs will be cut short by a regular life generation (5-6 years). No more waiting 10 years for the next console (though then again, last gen was very unusual). The XB1 will sell very well, as most 360 fans will want to get it. I also want to note, many Wii fans could have jumped ship as well.

Microsoft knows Sony is the natural leader so they created a copycat 10 year policy (Shane Kim to be exact). To prove my point wait until Sony discontinues the PS3, so to will Microsoft follow suit. The Xbox One launched a month after the PS4 and rushed to fix the clockspeed because Sony was ahead of their development timeline. 

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I'm not dodging the question, I just assumed you had common sense so I didn't bother answering it directly. So let me make it clear...

Yes, I verified nobody was on the network OR using a significant amount of resources. That's because I have common sense, I didn't need the support page for a simple issue like that. And like I told you before again and again, PS Now works best hardwired but still suffers from latency and degraded video quality.

I'm sorry, I know more about cloud gaming than you. I'm starting to wonder if you're defending a service you never attempted to use.

I don't think you know how common sense work. It's rarer than you think, and you don't have it.

Yes you said it works best wired, but before that you said it was shit. That bub is BS, because it works wired and wireless just fine for me in my home. That's why I said you have an isolated issue that you should check up on. Keep in mind, I don't play PS Now in places like Starbucks etc.

Now let me make myself clear, I'm not defending a service, I'm just pointing out your BS.

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5