By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 40% of PS4 owners didn't own a PS3!

deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I think youre neglecting PS Now is shit for most users. The requirements are high and quality is generally lower on wifi. Lets not forget about bandwidth caps either.

Emulation is more practical and is the next best thing to the actual hardware.

Where is the source for this story?

5Mbps to high?

you still have to buy or own the game in the first place for emulation.

5mbps is more like the minimum. I have a significantly higher speed than that but run into issues if Im not hardwired. So PS Now on my Vita hasnt really been viable for me at various locations.

Yeah, you have to buy games for emuation. But atleast you own it versus renting on PS Now. Also, physical games can be dirt cheap. X1 users will even have access to their compatible digital content.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
GTstation said:

50, wow someones is highly optimistic.  

No you are wrong, dead wrong.  Movies music games all have short lives, you are argueing agianst humen nature and pretty well know facts just to support some wishe of bc importance you have.

Sorry lol why, you lack info or any metrics to deduce any sort of claim on profability. 

Enjoy your beliefs.  

If they do an average of about 6 to 7 million a year, then 50 is feasible. Maybe they will have even better years after price cuts. They had good sales last holiday.

Thats not accurate. Old content is still consumed by many. Which is why Sony still offers hundreds old games from PS1, PS2, and PS3.

You tell me people dont care about old content, yet you think PS Now is a success?

Enjoy your contradictions.

Yahh its accurate its the sad reality of any entertaiment business.   Its low shelf life quick turnover milk fast what works have new things ready quick.  It takes a mere month for a $60 game to lose 1/3rd of its value these days, games debut big and drop like a rock after.  Happens everywhere, the old is quickly disgarded for the new.   

Peopel want old games remade to current standarts, they dont want to play the old shity versions.

Im not contradictin my self in any way, nice try at spinning things since your agrument is very weak i see.    I just said sony is milking Now a service which is just their current way of testing PS entertaiments distribution of the future.  

that's a huge percentage!!!

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

GTstation said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If they do an average of about 6 to 7 million a year, then 50 is feasible. Maybe they will have even better years after price cuts. They had good sales last holiday.

Thats not accurate. Old content is still consumed by many. Which is why Sony still offers hundreds old games from PS1, PS2, and PS3.

You tell me people dont care about old content, yet you think PS Now is a success?

Enjoy your contradictions.

Yahh its accurate its the sad reality of any entertaiment business.   Its low shelf life quick turnover milk fast what works have new things ready quick.  It takes a mere month for a $60 game to lose 1/3rd of its value these days, games debut big and drop like a rock after.  Happens everywhere, the old is quickly disgarded for the new.   

Peopel want old games remade to current standarts, they dont want to play the old shity versions.

Im not contradictin my self in any way, nice try at spinning things since your agrument is very weak i see.    I just said sony is milking Now a service which is just their current way of testing PS entertaiments distribution of the future.  

If what you were saying was accurate, Sony wouldnt offer so many previous gen games on new platforms. Having the ability to play past gen games on consoles still appeals to millions.

Sony isnt using PS Now as a test, they really hope people use it now. They're a struggling company that just invested hundreds of millions in that service recently. But whos using it? The market for it isnt significant especially since its not on PCs or mobile devices yet.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
GTstation said:

If what you were saying was accurate, Sony wouldnt offer so many previous gen games on new platforms. Having the ability to play past gen games on consoles still appeals to millions.

Sony isnt using PS Now as a test, they really hope people use it now. They're a struggling company that just invested hundreds of millions in that service recently. But whos using it? The market for it isnt significant especially since its not on PCs or mobile devices yet.

Interesting how their biggest market that they are offering that service which mostly offers 7th gen games is on a 7th gen device.  A serious lack of older games.  Seems low intrest is to blame.

Market not significant, 107m PS devices add whatever tens of milllons new Samsung Tvs that will be sold.  Soon other TV brands and you and me know PC and Moible is coming.  It just does not fit what you want.   

Around the Network
GTstation said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Interesting how their biggest market that they are offering that service which mostly offers 7th gen games is on a 7th gen device.  A serious lack of older games.  Seems low intrest is to blame.

Market not significant, 107m PS devices add whatever tens of milllons new Samsung Tvs that will be sold.  Soon other TV brands and you and me know PC and Moible is coming.  It just does not fit what you want.   

PS3 supports physical PS1 games and has many PS1 games in the store. There are also about 80 PS2 games in the PSN store.

PS Now should have launched on PC and mobile to reach a large audience, not just Playstation console owners. But maybe Sony thought PS Now would sell their hardware. They are also afraid of putting it on devices that could hurt Playstation sales.

Recently Completed

This explained everything at their e3, they are desperately trying to stop the migration. The controller was damage control for losing competitive cod, the rare collection was to bring over rare fans from the earlier Xbox to Nintendo transition, and then the backwards compatibility. Than you have your gears, halo, forza. Imo

Mr Puggsly said:
GTstation said:

PS3 supports physical PS1 games and has many PS1 games in the store. There are also about 80 PS2 games in the PSN store.

PS Now should have launched on PC and mobile to reach a large audience, not just Playstation console owners. But maybe Sony thought PS Now would sell their hardware. They are also afraid of putting it on devices that could hurt Playstation sales.

Wow 80 out of, 4000.

Nice contradictions first you say their market is not big enough to profit of Now yet you claim they are afraid of expending that market to non PS devices even though they just put it on Samsung Tvs.  Seems you are very pro xbox and will make any spin or any unsubstantiated claim to maintain support.

Its on Samsung tvs, Samsung who are 25% of all tv sales.  YAhh really afraid.

So sony though it would sale PSs, yet released PS TV a cheaper way to access the service then any of their 3 PS gaming devices ? so what then.

That theory you got is really going down the toilet there puggsly.  

Wild, crazy ideas you got.

GTstation said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Wow 80 out of, 4000.

Nice contradictions first you say their market is not big enough to profit of Now yet you claim they are afraid of expending that market to non PS devices even though they just put it on Samsung Tvs.  Seems you are very pro xbox and will make any spin or any unsubstantiated claim to maintain support.

So sony though it would sale PSs, yet released PS TV a cheaper way to access the service then any of their 3 PS gaming devices ? so what then.

PS2 has almost 4000 games, but most are shit and you know that. Many notable PS2 games were also ported to PS3.

It sounds like the plan is to eventually add PS1 and PS2 games to PS Now. Sony is still trying to make money on old content.

Edit: I just figured it out. Sony thinks if people try PS Now on their fancy TV, maybe they will buy a Playstation console. Putting PS Now on PC could deter people from buying a Playstation.

Anyhow, PS Now on PC and mobile would do a better job at reaching a massive audience of gamers.

PS TV (Vita TV in Japan) was intended to make people care about the Vita, ya know that recent and irrelevant Sony platform.

Anyhow, youre the guy that thinks old games are disposable entertainment nobody wants. You should be opposed to PS Now and admit its a failure thus far.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
GTstation said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Wow 80 out of, 4000.

PS2 has almost 4000 games, but most are shit and you know that. Many notable PS2 games were also ported to PS3.

It sounds like the plan is to eventually add PS1 and PS2 games to PS Now. Sony is still trying to make money on old content.

Edit: I just figured it out. Sony thinks if people try PS Now on their fancy TV, maybe they will buy a Playstation console. Putting PS Now on PC could deter people from buying a Playstation.

Anyhow, PS Now on PC and mobile would do a better job at reaching a massive audience of gamers.

PS TV (Vita TV in Japan) was intended to make people care about the Vita, ya know that recent and irrelevant Sony platform.

Anyhow, youre the guy that thinks old games are disposable entertainment nobody wants. You should be opposed to PS Now and admit its a failure thus far.

Just flip flopping everywhere.  I already said what i view Now as and what i see they are doing with it.  Stop making up wishy washe crap.  Now is exactly what it need to be for now.  Faliure, by what imaginary metric should any one see it as that ?