By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I'm feeling "dirty" from spending alot of money, even though I have it?

I don't pay rent though (they won't take money from me)

Around the Network
theshoe23 said:

I just bought a PSP tonight, I had one when they first came out but I got rid of it because the games were too slow to come out and because they took forever to add the features I wanted. I mainly got it so that I can play God Of War: Chains of Olympus and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. I haven't opened it yet. Now here is the dilemma.

I have all three home consoles. I haven't beaten Super Mario Galaxy or Metroid but after I do, I really don't see anything else I want to play on the Wii (I'm a "hardcore" gamer with a casual's amount of playing). I never play my Xbox 360 anymore, the only game I have on it that I've not beaten is Mass Effect, and I can't really get into it. My PS3 is waiting for games, and many of them are ones I want to play. The dilemma is this, should I considering selling my Wii and trading my Xbox 360? I know this is going to sound insane but... I feel "dirty" about owning so many game systems with the fact that I rarely take time to play my PS3 let alone my Wii or my Xbox 360. I am "trying" to move out of my parents house right now (trying is in quotes because I'm not really trying that hard to pay off my bills, I'm buying toys) and I work as a software developer and make good money so in this scenario I can buy alot of "stuff". Does anyone else think this might make me feel better? Maybe use the Wii money to pay off a bill or two?

Please if you are going to say anything like "OH WAH, you feel bad for spending money I feel sorry for you" or any other sarcastic remark please keep it to yourselves

P.S. By bills I mean debt

Nah,

I own them all too...PS3 (most use), 360 (second most use), Wii, and PSP. Sometimes certain ones will go more than a month not even being turned on. But I know if I get rid of one, I'll kick myself in the butt afterwards because I'll want to play some particular game.

That's the nice thing about having the added functionality of a blu-ray player in the ps3. When you feel a gaming drought, it still gets use.

If your 360 is collecting dust, try out Lost Odyssey--it's much better than the reviews made it out to be.

Something for the Wii---Fire Emblem: RD...

And you won't regret the psp for God of War: CoO and FF:CC. I'm playing God of War on it right now and I like it almost better than I do on the ps2.

Anyhow, just budget your money better now that you have all the consoles.  Think about renting or maybe even waiting until games are used to buy them.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

TheRealMafoo said:
Just start calling your parents your "roommates", and it's cool.

By the way, do you have a race-car bed?

Lol That movie was screwed up.

I feel the same. I spent 2000-3000 dollars last year on gaming. Lol and I'm only 14.

sc94597 said:
I feel the same. I spent 2000-3000 dollars last year on gaming. Lol and I'm only 14.

Where does a 14 year old get that kind of money? What are you selling? Dope, coke, crack, smack?

Around the Network
Arcturus said:
sc94597 said:

Where does a 14 year old get that kind of money? What are you selling? Dope, coke, crack, smack?

I buy and sell on ebay, do surveys online at cashcrate, and get money from my parents( 100 a month. So I get like 400 dollars a month for games. I plan on getting a real job once I turn 15. 14 is the working age in pa , but nobody wants to hire due to the limited hrs and alot of qualifications.

p.s I sell methacrackaherojuanacane 

If you're not paying rent, I'd take the opportunity to knock out that debt first before moving out. You should also put together a 'rainy day' fund of at least six months of living expenses in case something happens. There's nothing worse than striking out on your own to only go crawling back if you have a set back.

It sounds like you get along with the 'rents, so if living at home isn't cramping your style then I'd suggest sticking with it for a time being. Oh and you're welcome to sell a system. Heck, you'll prob. come close to breaking even with the Wii.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

You shouldn't of bought the PsP IMO, sure its extremely tempting but I wouldnt of blown all that money for two games. You should get rid of everything (including PsP) and just keep the Ps3. Ps3 is really an entire media center in 1 so really thats all you need especially since its the only system whos future games appeal to you. :)

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937