By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A message for Nintendo Fans ONLY and a little damage control

Anfebious said:
I'm going with Sony. She knows how to please my gamer penis.

I better jump too.

Sony sounds like she'd make a great waifu.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I honestly think people shouldn't jump, at least not forever, just wait for NX to see if it's interesting. But this gen it's clear that Wii U is a dissapointment and nothing will change.

I'm thinking on buying a PS4, though.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I ride the Ouya ship. My gf and some friends played You Don't Know Jack using our smart phones and controllers and had a great night.

I was hoping Nintendo would announce something amazing. I'm still wishing I could play Wii games without going into Wii mode or some more VC digital games (GC/Wii/N64). The presentation was pretty hollow but I still love my Wii U. I just won't be buying a lot of games for it in the future. At least, nothing I didn't already know about a week ago.

But...they only had more content than last year because just about everything was ANNOUNCED last year, and even before. There was nothing new. That's the problem a lot of us have. E3 is about seeing announcements--not watching footage from games we've known about for one or two years.

I think that Nintendo is preparing for 2016 and the NX debut. And I know that doesn't build confidence in those who own a Wii U... but there isn't much that can be done. Just expect an incredible show next year.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
I honestly think people shouldn't jump, at least not forever, just wait for NX to see if it's interesting.

That may be best part of being a Nintendo gamer, if you don't like the current console you don't have to worry because Nintendo can replace it after a couple of years.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

SanAndreasX said:
Rafie said:
SanAndreasX said:

Sony didn't show a lot of games that I do want that are supposedly coming this year, so I was disappointed on that score. No Dragon Quest Heroes, no Persona 5. Yes, those are third party games, but there's nothing that says that they can't partner with a console maker if both parties agree to it. I'd have loved to see Sony make Persona 5 its Final Fantasy VII of 2015, especially with their 2015 lineup being otherwise on the bare side (I couldn't care less about the annual CallofAssField refreshes myself).

Persona 5 is coming this year.

OT: I agree with most of what you said, OnionBerry. Except I thought Sony had a better conference than Microsoft. Anyway, the point is that I think Nintendo just didn't care about E3 and wanted more for their future Directs. I'm sure there are tons of games coming, so I'm waiting it out. So far it looks as though Nintendo has the best fall-holiday for this year with 1st party line ups, imo. It was next year's catalouge that I was worried about. At least we know Zelda will be there.

Yeah, I know Persona 5 is coming this year. My point is that I would have liked Sony and Atlus/Sega to partner up on Persona 5 promotions for the holiday 2015 schedule. From my end it doesn't matter, I will get P5 either way, but it doesn't mean that I wouldn't like Sony to have a hand in promoting the game to a wider audience.

Nintendo has always been kind of indifferent to big industry shows. Sure, sometimes they do big unveilings. But they were notorious for never participating in TGS in Japan and doing their own shows instead.

To be honest, I'm glad Sony didn't promote it. Sometimes it could be too much to try and outdo the competition. That could possibly a negative, as weird as that sounds. Letting others have their own show and THEN showing that it's an exclusive gives a bit more of a surprising effect. Think about it, you were already hyped after your favorite console of choice did their presentation. Now a third party has their conference. Just when you thought you saw all the games you wanted in their (Sony, MS, Nintendo) show....a third party comes in and announces MORE exclusives. That's exciting to me. It's like you thought they were done, but then...BAM! Another exclusive comes your way.

I know Nintendo does their own thing normally. I hope they show up at Gamesconn or at least make another Direct with big surprises coming.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Arlo said:
But...they only had more content than last year because just about everything was ANNOUNCED last year, and even before. There was nothing new. That's the problem a lot of us have. E3 is about seeing announcements--not watching footage from games we've known about for one or two years.

Even worse.  They showed THE GAME last year and then pretended it didn't exist, this year!

People had the wrong expectations. I wasn't disappointed.
I expected nothing and I got Mario Tennis. A net win :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

AbbathTheGrim said:
Pavolink said:
I honestly think people shouldn't jump, at least not forever, just wait for NX to see if it's interesting.

That may be best part of being a Nintendo gamer, if you don't like the current console you don't have to worry because Nintendo can replace it after a couple of years.

Thankfully. At least we are going to left behind these dark days soon.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile