By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else hoping FFVII is "cross gen"?

Look how beautiful this trailer is!!! Now let me explain the thread title lol

facts are we don't know how long its been in developement but theres a reason why they showned nothing more then CG. We do know its being directed by Tetsuya Nomura, who's also directing Kingdom Hearts 3... A game unlikely to come out before fall 2016. Realistically a fall 2017 release for VII remake is the earliest release date and since this is square its probably not best to be optimistic.

PS5 is a fall 2018 window at earliest, but with how streamlined console hardware is becoming I think we will see new system sooner rather then later and 90% of projects will be scalable cross gen titles. PS4= low settings vs PS5= Ultra 

Essentially VII is going to arrive at the end of PS4's life, its  visualls will be gorgeous but obviously dated on arrival. PS5 and VII are not going to be far apart and I'm just personally hoping its announced for both. Even if PS5 comes out a year after it I'd happily wait to experience whatever version comes closest to repesenting the vision depicted in this CG trailer, Will have waited so long by the time its out, might aswell experience it the definitive way. No ugly aliasing or dodgy framerate like we've seen in XV so far. Up to the VFX to whatever Luminous can scale to.

Around the Network

Dude...

Mystro-Sama said:
Dude...

lol what?

We all know this game is years away.
The whole point of the remake is to update the game to modern standards and I just don't want the tech to be dated on arrival ala FF12.

Mystro-Sama said:
Dude...

Yep. 

They're not rushing next gen imo. Game development budgets can't handle it. It will be on current gen.

nintendo is the only company that rush consoles. they also sell the worst by far at the moment.

- Moderated, Carl

Around the Network

I hope they will remake it for PS5.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Next gen wouldn't be here until like 2020 or 21, at the earliest . We are only just in this gen by less than 2 years, 360 lasted 8 years alone.

So, Yes, knowing SquEnix's work time.

Hmm, pie.

I want it on Vita cross-buy

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

No. They can still make good game with the FFXV engine.

Don't copy random editorials.

Blob said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Dude...

Yep. 

They're not rushing next gen imo. Game development budgets can't handle it. It will be on current gen.

Exactly why I think next gen will be "rushed". Just a more polished version of this gen. PS4 and PS5 will co-exist in my opinion, low settings vs high. 30fps vs 60fps etc