By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo E3 shows that this is a transition year

Probably. If Zelda U isn't going to be wiiU exclusive, I shall wait on the NX and not buy it at launch

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

How so? NX is not a homeconsole and Wii U will be "supported" until 2018!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

The NX will be related to the Fusion idea somehow. Nintendo will probably abandon both systems at the same time. They could have used their resources on one of their machines, but neither the WiiU or the 3DS had any killer apps we didn't knew about already. The 3DS is painfully underpowered and its sales are dropping, and meanwhile WiiU's sales can't drop anymore. Nintendo will change both systems for the NX.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

No.

I have to agree with you.

The lack of any kind of news of what EAD or even Retro is doing, and both those studios have had time enough to work on something and show it, speaks for itself.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Hopefully that is the case, but we still have no clue what the NX is :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I found it obvious as well, guess i have only myself to blame for being hyped knowing wii-u and 3ds are coming to an end.
if that's the case, the NX better have a STRONG launch and 1st year of titles, seriously.

Oh god... can we stop with these threads? I understand that you are disappointed with the E3 on a whole when it comes to Wii U (cause it was amazing for a 3DS owner) but seriously, Lack of late 2016 games shows what? They said no late 2016 games. They said none. I don't understand why so many of you guys got overhyped. I even said not to get over hyped. We get directs year in and year out and most of their big guns were released before E3. Nintendo could have held back the devil's third and other game information for E3 but they didn't. Oh well. I enjoyed some parts of it the skylanders part and amiibo annoyed me but other than that I truly didn't see anything wrong. The big titles may not be there but that doesn't mean anything. sigh, I'm also pretty sure nintendo hasn't announced all of their info yet just like they had 3 more game reveals at last year E3 after the event.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

JEMC said:

The lack of any kind of news of what EAD or even Retro is doing, and both those studios have had time enough to work on something and show it, speaks for itself.

I disagree. EAD1, Retro, and the Tokyo group launched games last year. EAD2 and 4 are launching games this year. EAD3 is working on Zelda. EAD5 hasn't released a big project since Wii Fit U, but they're supposedly working on Miyamoto's pet projects, and they oversee external games pretty often. We probbly won't see Retro's game until the NX gets fully unveiled. The others haven't have that much time to develop and show something. We'll probably see all of their gamees in 2016-2017. 

IamAwsome said:
JEMC said:

I disagree. EAD1, Retro, and the Tokyo group launched games last year. EAD2 and 4 are launching games this year. EAD3 is working on Zelda. EAD5 hasn't released a big project since Wii Fit U, but they're supposedly working on Miyamoto's pet projects, and they oversee external games pretty often. We probbly won't see Retro's game until the NX gets fully unveiled. The others haven't have that much time to develop and show something. We'll probably see all of their gamees in 2016-2017. 

Retro launched Donkey in 2014, yes, but the game was finished in 2013 and Nintendo delayed the launch because they didn't have any game for the first quarter of 2014. That means that Retro has had more than 18 months to work on a new project, and for a studio big enough that even Miyamoto said that it could work on two projects at the same time, that's enough time to show something at this E3. The excuse that Retro's project will launch for NX just proves that Nintendo is already transitioning from WiiU to NX.

And when I said EAD I should have specified a little more. I was talking about the 3D Mario team. 3D World launched in 2013 and since then they have only worked on NES Remix 1 & 2 and Captain Toad, which was a small scale game. They should also have to had something to show at this E3.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.