Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Honestly Thought Microsoft Had This In The Bag

Who had the better conference?

Xbox, Backwards Compatibi... 109 14.36%

Playstation; TLG, FFVII Remake, Shenmue 3! 511 67.33%

Both were unrealistically amazing! 54 7.11%

Both were absolutely awful! 21 2.77%

See Results 64 8.43%

Total:759

Nation-wide a la carte television was a one liner that deserved about 10 minutes. That could really be a big deal...with everyone moving to netflix/hulu/prime, Sony can cash in on that movement away from standard packages.

Around the Network

So true. I really thought MS had it in the bag.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Honestly, people only say Sony did better because they went last lol

PenguinZ said:
From a sales prospective... Microsoft actually probably won it.

How? If anything Sony gained more from a sales prespective.... They locked exclusive deals with HUGE third party developers nabbing exclusive content for Black Ops 3, AC Syndicate and Disney Infinity. 

What did MS do... backwards compatabilty? Thats about it and even then its not as big of a deal as it seems.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

FatedReality said:
PenguinZ said:
From a sales prospective... Microsoft actually probably won it.

How? If anything Sony gained more from a sales prespective.... They locked exclusive deals with HUGE third party developers nabbing exclusive content for Black Ops 3, AC Syndicate and Disney Infinity. 

What did MS do... backwards compatabilty? Thats about it and even then its not as big of a deal as it seems.

It should be interesting to see how significant that exclusivity deal is for CoD...

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network

I also thought XBox B/C is a megaton, but MS really showed very little on the gaming side. To think that they had to pull out all stops to have a decent showing of games, and then Sony shows up and wipes the floor with them out of the gate with two huge new exclusive first-party IPs. Everything after Horizon was just a bonus for the gamers, a complete annihilation of MS's conference.
Now I see why they revealed so much before E3, and to think that many heavy hitters still remain hidden...
Sony wins hands down, no contest, and this holiday season sales will show that.

Sony did indeed exceed my expectations, but not so much for Microsoft

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

People who's expectations were murdered mustn't have been on the forums the few days prior to Sony's conference...

All three of the things listed in the OP were leaked in advance, only they weren't as good as rumoured (excepting TLG)? FFVII is timed, and Shenmue is at least on PC?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
People who's expectations were murdered mustn't have been on the forums the few days prior to Sony's conference...

All three of the things listed in the OP were leaked in advance, only they weren't as good as rumoured (excepting TLG)? FFVII is timed, and Shenmue is at least on PC?

Shenmue and FFVII and TLG always get rumored.  Are you honestly telling me you believed that all three of those would actually get anounced?

if so, I don't believe you.  Sure I heard those rumors too, but I wouldn't have possibly thought that all three would actually get announced along with Horizon, that's just a ridiculous thing to believe would happen, and it did.  

Backwards compatibility at Launch would have been a killer feature.....2yrs down the line its more a gimmick.