By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Nintendo POSSIBLY beat Sony at E3?!

Can Nintendo Win?

LOL NO 204 42.77%

maybe...? 209 43.82%

uh... 64 13.42%

Total:477

As I have mentioned before Nintendo cant beat Microsoft; let alone Sony. When it comes to presentation Sony is nailing it with PS4. Better luck next time.

Around the Network

I've never seen an E3 make so many people want to "jump ship". I never thought Nintendo had a chance after seeing Sony's, but I didn't think it was going to be THAT abysmal. Half the show was just "developer stories" and the other half either meh games or games we already knew about with little new info. Star Fox was literally the only nice thing I saw and that was revealed first.

spemanig said:
The_Yoda said:

So you considered the Wii to be mainline (direct competition in specs with the others of the gen) and not "doing their own thing" ?

The Wii isn't "these days." The Wii U is. Specs don't make a difference here.

I'm trying to say that they quit trying to compete head to head after the Cube. Wii and Wii U were them dropping out of the arms race and doing thier own thing.  The Wii killed it and the Wii U fell flat.  Just saying "doing their own thing" does not equate to losing.

Wow, I am really let down... That was really an unacceptable E3 Nintendo Digital Event....

In fact I amazed that they didn't show anything on Devil's third or FF5.
But the piece with old papers with Mario levels was amazing. You can clearly see that they love what they do. And on MS/Sony conference (yes, I've watched it too) all you can see in the eyes is hypehypehype moneymoneymoney.

Around the Network

I would say the biggest issue with this E3 was that it showed what Nintendo has been trying to mask for a while, that they have obviously decided the 3DS is the lead console they are going to support and they are focusing their bigger guns on the future.

E3 is pretty much a big show for the industry but as popular as the 3DS is in the West, most westerns want to see actual home console games there. Also a number of titles there lacked the luster of previous triple AAA titles Nintendo has released for both the 3DS and Wii U. Part of that might just be because they aren't dropping until 2016 but given remaining schedule for both the Wii U and 3DS, there is real concern that there are not ANY major blockbusters outside of 3-4 games that can really do much this year from Nintendo.

All that being said, I didn't take it as a bad showing but compared to past presentations it was underwhelming and they lacked a true major driver, which due its current graphics and the lack of multiplayer Star Fox Zero can't be at this time.

Oh well, my wallet will be in a better place at the end of the year at least, I hope.

LOL this made me laugh..