By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fictional market predictions: What if... EA released a console?

I pretty much agree, but EA will never make their own console THIS GEN.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

I think quanitfying the impact of a 4th console 4-5 years from now is incredibly difficult if not total impossible but hey i'll give it a shot.

I don't see why people believe that EA would have a lack of titles availible for it's console , if anything it would have more first party exclusive titles availbile to it than any other console @ launch plus I see no reason for 3rd parties not developing games for "EA" , if the console has a strong line up (Which it could have every chance of having ) a good price point and financial backing then MS , Sony and Nintendo should be worried.

hasn't ea been losing money recently? if they are losing money would they really want to spend more money to develop and create a console that will lose them even more money when released since Nintendo is the only company that seems to be able to sell a console at a profit.

cwbys21 said:
hasn't ea been losing money recently? if they are losing money would they really want to spend more money to develop and create a console that will lose them even more money when released since Nintendo is the only company that seems to be able to sell a console at a profit.

True , R&D alone would kill EA although I don't think they'd handle the hardware themselves. A joint venture with a big electronics company like apple (like others mentioned before) would make a formidable duo.

A quick thought I had, if EA makes their own console, all of their games would appear only on their console (duh). And with them trying to buy Take 2, I think that might give Sony a boost because they would be the only company left that makes sports games. The only sport that Sony doesn't make (I think) is football and that is because EA threw a truck load of money at the NFL (twice).

Around the Network

Actually not a bad idea... except one thing...

MS has so far failed as a console manufacturer because they are a software company. EA is a software company.

There best bet would be to partner with someone who can make hardware and an OS, like Apple or SGI, and work that route.

Hell, even an Asus/Linux combo would be good. Software companies should just stick with what they do best. Make software.

cwbys21 said:
A quick thought I had, if EA makes their own console, all of their games would appear only on their console (duh). And with them trying to buy Take 2, I think that might give Sony a boost because they would be the only company left that makes sports games. The only sport that Sony doesn't make (I think) is football and that is because EA threw a truck load of money at the NFL (twice).

I don´t think it would give a bosst to Sony - they may develop some sports games but EA also owns the Need for Speed series, Sims, Spor... you know what I mean.

Additionally Sony´s sports games aren´t that popula. Therefore I´d think they would rather lose some sales than gain them.

You answered all possible questions by yourself.And your answers are all correct.

Eins plus mit Sternchen für Louie. XD

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

oliist said:
You answered all possible questions by yourself.And your answers are all correct.

Eins plus mit Sternchen für Louie. XD

Sänk you for träveling wis Deutsche Bahn

I'm still waiting for the release of the M2....