By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wicther 3 Sold 4 Million WW Cost 32M To Make 35M Spent On Marketing

The Witcher 3 triumphs throughout the world. The game spread with a circulation of over 4 million units. - Already on release we turned the whole we suffered for three years expenditure on production - Adam enjoys Kiciński, CEO of CD Projekt.

Polish company CD Projekt announced the first results of sales of "The Witcher 3". Within two weeks of the May release of the game they bought 4 million players worldwide, which means that the three-year production costs that exceed 120 million zł, turned to one day release. - We are more than pleased with the sale, which exceeded our expectations - says Adam Kicinski, CEO of CD Projekt.

Sales results should not be surprising. "The Witcher 3" has been very positively received by both the media and the players peaking at Metacritic, service aggregating evaluation, a very high average - above 90.

Earlier, the company gave that in pre spread through more than 1.5 million copies of the game , and the budget for marketing was $ 35 million. Since the premiere of "The Witcher 3" remains on the lists of best-selling games on platforms such as Steam, GOG.com, Amazon or PlayStation Network. According to data from research firm Gfk three weeks game ranked first in stores in the UK.

Following the publication of data on the sales of CD Projekt course the stock market to grow approx. 14 percent.

Play Me

Around the Network

Already post.

So 70/80 million in their domestic money, massive production for a game or movie in Poland.
Great sales, hope it crossed 10m million fast.

It boggles my mind how much is spent on marketing these days.  More money is used on advertisiment than for making the product.

This says a lot about the industry today. The marketing is more expensive than the product. lol

Around the Network

Awesome profit then. They deserve it. It is their best gam yet and I cant wait to see what they have in mind for future titles.

Goodnightmoon said:
This says a lot about the industry today. The marketing is more expensive than the product. lol

What does it say?  lol

Goodnightmoon said:

You have to make people know that the product is there. It won't matter how much you spent on the product if no one knows it exists 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

pokoko said:
Goodnightmoon said:

What does it say?  lol

Pff really?

You spend 55% of your budget in the marketing (aka, nothing related to the game) of a sequel of an already very succesfull game and that doesn´t says anything? 

OK

Wow, the game was much cheaper to make than I thought (just 32m). I'm also impressed at the sales: 4m in 2 weeks is massive. Will surely cross the 10m mark eventually.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won