By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA goes hostile in their bid for Take Two

I wonder if this will affect exclusive content for the 360? It will if it means they lose key developers.

Around the Network
godf said:
I wonder if this will affect exclusive content for the 360? It will if it means they lose key developers.

If that happens, Microsoft will at the very least get a nice payout to compensate for the broken contract.

However, there's also rumours that there are other interested bidders, could Microsoft or Sony be interested in buying Take 2 too? Some other publisher? Who else?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
godf said:

If that happens, Microsoft will at the very least get a nice payout to compensate for the broken contract.

However, there's also rumours that there are other interested bidders, could Microsoft or Sony be interested in buying Take 2 too? Some other publisher? Who else?

I don't know.  Maybe they'd just get sub-standard expansions.

NJ5 said:

You know what would be fun? If EA actually bought Take Two, and then all the good employees left. Of course they will try to avoid that with golden chains and such stuff, but it's always a danger in hostile takeovers.

Even in that case, the franchises would still belong to EA of course.

Take Two has good employees?  Since when? >_>

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080313/take_two_interactive_electronic_arts_offer.html?.v=1

Take-Two to Shareholders: Hold Off
Thursday March 13, 11:46 am ET

Take-Two Tells Holders to 'Take No Action at This Time' in Response to Electronic Arts Bid NEW YORK (AP) -- Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., the publisher of "Grand Theft Auto" and other video games, told shareholders Thursday to take no immediate action in response to a hostile $2 billion tender offer from rival Electronic Arts Inc.

The company said its board will review and consider the $26-per-share cash tender offer and advise stockholders within 10 business days of whether it is in favor of the deal.

The tender offer, which is not contingent on financing, is set to expire at midnight April 11, unless extended. Take-Two's annual shareholders' meeting is expected to take place April 10.

Take-Two rejected an offer from Electronic Arts late last month. The company said it was open to talks with Electronic Arts but wanted to wait until April 30, the day after the latest version of Grand Theft Auto hits stores.

Thursday's bid takes the offer directly to Take-Two shareholders.

Take-Two shares jumped 54 cents to $25.45 in morning trading. Electronic Arts shares lost 71 cents to $46.52.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

i dont really care about take 2 i care about R* and there not gonna be together for long

Take Two is just another stepping stone on EA's way to industry domination. Next is Ubisoft.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

I posted this same reply on the Free Talk Live forum (which, btw, I am not offical connect to in anyway)-

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=20177.0

Original message-
"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EA is threatening to buy their competition by force, thus expanding their monopoly even more. If you can't beat 'em, buy them."

My reply-
EA is in no way a monopoly. Nintendo is a much bigger gaming company and I think the new Activison is even bigger. EA Sports is not a monopoly, either. The only thing EA Sports has a sweet deal over is the rights to NFL games and those games only sell one in 1 country.

Also, you make it sounds like a bad thing. Take Two has been falling for years and will likely be bought up by someone soon or just go under. I'd rather have the company stick around the go away. The stock holders will make tons of money from the deal. Everyone wins.

Also, this has nothing to do with if you cannot beat them, buy them. EA beats Take Two in everything they compete in except maybe first person shooters and sandbox games. Remember, Take Two is a failed company that is losing money year after year in the biggest gaming market of all time.

Another poster made a great point of publicly traded stocks-
"You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't sell little pieces of yourself and expect to continue controlling what happens to those little pieces."

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

RSEagle said:
Take Two is just another stepping stone on EA's way to industry domination. Next is Ubisoft.

This is just another step toward an anti-trust lawsuit. Where  is Theodore!?

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

was to be expected as the next logical step in a merger scenario...

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.