By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May NPD thread! PS4 152k; XBO: 139k; WU: 43k; 3DS 97k

Are you ready?

Fuck, YES!!!!! 179 61.94%

Boutros > Ryng Tolu :P 108 37.37%

Total:287
Fusioncode said:
zorg1000 said:

Nope, Fusion originally said it's sales were awful, that I cannot agree with

Now, let's be clear on what I said. If Sony or Microsoft or any publisher had launched a new IP and it only sold 130k in it's launch month in the US we would all agree those numbers are awful correct? But given the circumstances of Splatoon (2 days of tracking, stuck on an unpopular platform, etc.) I think the numbers are just OK. Not good. Not great. Not bad. Decent. 

Sunset Overdrive numbers were awfull? It was at 135k FW on US.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Fusioncode said:

Now, let's be clear on what I said. If Sony or Microsoft or any publisher had launched a new IP and it only sold 130k in it's launch month in the US we would all agree those numbers are awful correct? But given the circumstances of Splatoon (2 days of tracking, stuck on an unpopular platform, etc.) I think the numbers are just OK. Not good. Not great. Not bad. Decent. 

That certainly seemed to be the consensus on this site.

Goodnightmoon said:
Fusioncode said:

Yes? Game was a bomb. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Mummelmann said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Ups, I though they were decent for a new Ip. The problem is that it didn´t had great legs. Don´t know why though, it would be the first game I would buy if I had an XBO, but oh well.

Anyways Splatoon is probably +150 and it will have legs, so is  going to outsell 2 of the biggest new IPs this generation, The Order and Sunset Overdrive there. Worldwide it will outsell them...  in 2 months? probably

Fusioncode said:
zorg1000 said:

Nope, Fusion originally said it's sales were awful, that I cannot agree with

It depends on the game they released, had they released a game similar to Splatoon and it debuted with 136k in the first 2 days than I would definitely not consider it awful, however if it was some mega budget title that they were pushing to be the next Halo/Uncharted than ya it would probably not be seen as very good.

I just gave mummel some examples of Nintendo games showing legs on Wii U, Tropical Freeze started at 135k now it's about 500k, 3D World started at 220k and it's over 1 million now, Rainbow Curse 2nd month sales matched it's 1st month sales. Or look at another recent new IP by Nintendo, Tomodachi Life, it had a very low first month and everybody was saying it bombed, it's now over 2 million in the west. U simply cannot judge a Nintendo game by its first 2 days.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Fusioncode said:

U simply cannot judge a Nintendo game by its first 2 days.

But that's all we have! If Splatoon legs out to a million sales in the US I'll happily jump in the celebrations with the rest of you. Until then, I'll sitting here in my corner of pessimism, glaring at you all. 

Fusioncode said:
zorg1000 said:

U simply cannot judge a Nintendo game by its first 2 days.

But that's all we have! If Splatoon legs out to a million sales in the US I'll happily jump in the celebrations with the rest of you. Until then, I'll sitting here in my corner of pessimism, glaring at you all. 

So save judgement until we have a better picture, currently it's not awful or amazing, both sides of the spectrum need to calm down and accept it for was it is, a decent opening to a new IP.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Goodnightmoon said:
Mummelmann said:

Ups, I though they were decent for a new Ip. The problem is that it didn´t had great legs. Don´t know why though, it would be the first game I would buy if I had an XBO, but oh well.

Anyways Splatoon is probably +150 and it will have legs, so is  going to outsell 2 of the biggest new IPs this generation, The Order and Sunset Overdrive there. Worldwide it will outsell them...  in 2 months? probably

Insomniac are totally unknown to the majority of the Xbox audience and only really known for Ratchet & Clank and Resistance series. SO is also a mish-mash of different concepts and has a visual style that I haven't really seen break through to mainstream audiences on consoles since the amazing Timesplitters series in the 6th gen.

Splatoon should have better legs for sure than SO.

Ryng_Tolu said:

And now that i think so, the WU is probabily at 455k this NPD...

All that we have, is this:

Is confirmed that the PS4 won, and we know that XBO is at 139k... but we don't know who is XBO and WU in the graphs!

So, if blue is WU, and tecnically, nobody can say that is not :P we have:

PS4: 498k

WU: 455k

XBO: 139k

No one can say PS4 didn't sell 498k... great month for WiiU and PS4, sad month for X1 =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

zorg1000 said:
Fusioncode said:

So save judgement until we have a better picture, currently it's not awful or amazing, both sides of the spectrum need to calm down and accept it for was it is, a decent opening to a new IP.

How am I passing judgement? Did I say the game was a flop? I said, and I'll quote myself:

Fusioncode said:

But given the circumstances of Splatoon (2 days of tracking, stuck on an unpopular platform, etc.) I think the numbers are just OK. Not good. Not great. Not bad. Decent. 

"Decent"

Which is exactly what you said!

I like you Zorg but you've been misquoting me this entire conversation and it's a bit annoying as I have to keep repeating myself.