By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF! Final Fantasy XV Story Is Not Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Your Reaction to this news

I wish I didn't read it 20 10.15%

WTF! 26 13.20%

I miss Stella!! 41 20.81%

Meh.. Don't Care. 110 55.84%

Total:197

Stella was the perfect waifu materiel. :(

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

With one vision, you would never have had a released game.

With another, we're getting a release fairly soon.

Take your pick.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

I'm okay with this. Without Nomura's clusterfuck of directing *coughcough* Kingdom Hearts *coughcough* the game might actually be understandable and enjoyable

I just want them to make a game out of that tech demo they've been showing off. That looks much more intriguing than anything ff XV related to me.
But who knows, the changes might actually be positive. Like a brilliant but rough idea can benefit from a good editor to bring it to shine. There's no telling if Tabata changed it for the worse, without seeing the original script, or knowing the actual state the game was in when he took over.
Admittedly I liked the reveal trailer much better than everything road trip related we've seen since then, but by all accounts that roadtrip was there before Tabata ever touched the game. I'd say wait till it's out. See if you like the rewiews, see if you like the gameplay, play it and if you don't like it then, feel free to rant.

thatguymarco said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I know dude! In FFvXIII, you could switch characters to Prompto Argentum, and shoot enemies.

You could do a FUCK ton more than that, there were 4 playable character, you could hi-jack enemy weaponry and use it as your own, you could ride fucking mechs before the idea of Xenoblade X even existed, the teleportation ability was supposed to be used to travel the world in a unique way and now it's reduced to a attack/temporary safe-spot, manual weapon switching was removed, without a good reason mind you, besides making the game casual as fuck. 

Let's hope that after KH3 is finished, Nomura works on, I don't know, call it FF Versus XV, so that we get the game that we were originally promised.

This thread is becoming too froggy.

As far as we know hi-jacking enemy mechs and stuff is still in.

The teleportation ability has been revamped in the new demo from the looks of it.  You can teleport on tops of rocks and other places.  

You can manually switch weapons, you just put them in slots to be used accordingly with certain situations.

Summons among a lot of other things are obviously in as well.  Combos are revamped in the new demo from what I saw.  We still haven't seen magic used, but I highly doubt that would be removed.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network
DivinePaladin said:
With one vision, you would never have had a released game.

With another, we're getting a release fairly soon.

Take your pick.

Either your joking or your completely ignorant about the development of the game.  The game taking so long was not the original team's fault, it was SE's terrible management of the staff.

Bristow9091 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I just know. I'm good at these things. Believe it!

Sorry, but no I'm not going to "believe it", simply because you seem like a whiny fanboy and think the game will be ruined now that Nomura isn't part of it... how about actually waiting for the game to release and playing it before criticizing it, yeah? How's that sound? 

That sounds like wishful thinking, but I like your optimism though. Knowing that is it not the dark FFvXIII story, I still hope FFXV turns out to be a good game.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
ParryWinkle said:
I'm okay with this. Without Nomura's clusterfuck of directing *coughcough* Kingdom Hearts *coughcough* the game might actually be understandable and enjoyable

This. The Kingdom Hearts games are a collection of shenanigans way too convoluted just for the sake of it, yet those games are the reason why people hold Nomura is so high regard.

I could never understand that. Gameplay is fine in Kingdom Hearts games, sure. But when it comes to the actual stories, Nomura is a pretty poor writer and director.

The one thing I gathered from the news in the OP is that they want to make this game a complete story rather than an episodic one (XIII.) That's a good thing in my opinion.

ParryWinkle said:

How was that his fault?  SE forced him to make spin off after spin off.  Your basically mad at him for not putting in filler stories in his games.