By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
LudicrousSpeed said:
Getting QB day one, too. Preordering digital so I get a PC copy too ;)

Regarding the DF thread, what else was going to happen here. A week ago the game looked amazing. Now an arbitrary number is attached and omg its so terrible.

I don't understand it, higher resolution =/= better graphics. QB is still one of the best looking gens this gen so far.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

Regarding the DF thread, what else was going to happen here. A week ago the game looked amazing. Now an arbitrary number is attached and omg its so terrible.

Well QB is doing surprisingly bad, go to the amazon thread and the bundle is not yet in the top 1.000 pretty bad for a game that releases in two weeks.
But people should remember that Alan Wake was also not a system seller, less than 250K copies were sold the first week in all regions.

konnichiwa said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Well QB is doing surprisingly bad, go to the amazon thread and the bundle is not yet in the top 1.000 pretty bad for a game that releases in two weeks.
But people should remember that Alan Wake was also not a system seller, less than 250K copies were sold the first week in all regions.

Pre-orders have been low on amazon for sure. Like niche games are higher than it. Remedy deserves more that's for sure. I imagine QB has a pretty high digital pre-order count thanks to the PC offer.

I really disliked Morrowind, slow movement, complicated quests, You had to talk with people and had like 20-50 dialogue options with no map arrow. Basically you had to remember every name and hope you come accross that place...And worse of all the battle system. You stand right in front of an enemy you attack and had 25% chance of hitting him...I hated it because even when I had a lot of hp I could beaten up by those small worms.

See if the remastered the game and changed the battle system I would give it another chance and a dialogue update would be welcome.... Don't having a map arrow is something I could live with...

I'm not getting QB on release sadly but shortly after.

I personally don't care much for resolution as imo it doesn't affect gameplay, the best news is the framerate. Constant 30fps is great news.

Around the Network

Ugh Morrowind..last game I bought for Xbox after playing a good number of awesome games, also the only game I've thrown into garbage bin.. I did not like anything about it 😁 skyrim on the other hand was good.

I'm a bit worried for QB sales although good reviews should boost it. X1 physical sales I mean, digital is probably going to be ok.

shikamaru317 said:
KiigelHeart said:

Ugh Morrowind..last game I bought for Xbox after playing a good number of awesome games, also the only game I've thrown into garbage bin.. I did not like anything about it 😁 skyrim on the other hand was good.

I'm a bit worried for QB sales although good reviews should boost it. X1 physical sales I mean, digital is probably going to be ok.

Dang, so the only game you've ever thrown away was an RPG of the Year winner. Just goes to show how different peoples' tastes in games can be. I never played Morrowind, my first Elder Scrolls game was Oblivion. 

It is just outdated, just like playing GTA 3 it is hard to enjoy now.

shikamaru317 said:

Alot of people are worried that it will be another The Order: 1886; they're both cover shooters, they both have a cinematic focus, so people are worried that it will share some of The Order's other shortcomings as well such as a short length. Reviews will make or break QB, if it reviews well I think it'll sell pretty well, if it doesn't review well though....

Personally I think it will review fairly well and go on to sell 2m+ lifetime between XB1 and W10, though first week sales probably won't be all that good.

Again with the Order 1886 comparison? This is Remedy, a proven developer, not Ready at Dawn. Previews for Quantum Break are mostly positive unlike the Order which cause concerns when people are previewing it(ultimately their concerns became a reality). There are skipable cutscenes, some puzzle elements, choices, some easter eggs, unique gameplay, well known actors, these things that the Order lacks. I highly doubt the Metacritic score is going to be 63 for QB.

As for the sales I think it will do 3 million lifetime both physical and digital, X1 only.

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:
shikamaru317 said:

Alot of people are worried that it will be another The Order: 1886; they're both cover shooters, they both have a cinematic focus, so people are worried that it will share some of The Order's other shortcomings as well such as a short length. Reviews will make or break QB, if it reviews well I think it'll sell pretty well, if it doesn't review well though....

Personally I think it will review fairly well and go on to sell 2m+ lifetime between XB1 and W10, though first week sales probably won't be all that good.

Again with the Order 1886 comparison? This is Remedy, a proven developer, not Ready at Dawn. Previews for Quantum Break are mostly positive unlike the Order which cause concerns when people are previewing it(ultimately their concerns became a reality). There are skipable cutscenes, some puzzle elements, choices, some easter eggs, unique gameplay, well known actors, these things that the Order lacks. I highly doubt the Metacritic score is going to be 63 for QB.

As for the sales I think it will do 3 million lifetime both physical and digital, X1 only.

Review embargo is 1st April so at least we'll get an idea a few days before release - I've predownloaded ready to go regardless

Dang CLG is wrecking so far :P I'm going for alligence..