By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
chris0409 said:
Sorry if you think Osiris/Blue Team mission ratio is a spoiler, in that case don't read the rest of this post.

I was excited to play Locke too, mainly because the dual perspective in Halo 2 worked so well, but playing cat and mouse for about 12 missions makes Chief more like a side character or the main antagonist.

This isn't what people were expecting, and this isn't what 343i lead people to believe either. I can't judge the game just yet, I know, but nobody can deny the fact that this is a huge gamble.

^Pretty much this. I don't really see mission counts as spoilers, and spoilery things I did post had spoiler code on them. 343 basically lied, they strongly suggested that the mission ratio would be even or nearly even, 1/5 Blue Team isn't even close. 343 still hasn't realised that the Chief is Halo to many fans. Hopefully they'll finally realize that after Halo 5. I'm sorry if some of you guys thought I was being too negative, personally I think I was being pretty positive all things considered, I gave high praise to 3 of the departments at 343; the audio team, the gameplay team, and the art team. For what it's worth, I still think the MP will be amazing considering the fact that I've never had more fun playing MP than I did playing Halo 5's beta, I'm just no longer sure about the SP. Honestly, if you think we were being negative, you should definitely avoid the official Halo forums, Reddit, and neoGAF, from what I hear there's alot more negativity there about this whole 3 blue team mission thing, not to mention other aspects of Halo 5 such as the missing splitscreen and late Forge/BTB. You'd best go completely dark until after Halo 5 releases.

Yeah I have no problems playing as Locke. MC is the cooloer dude, but no reason 343i can't experiment. Frustrating thing is only that we expected otherwise. Here's a Frankie post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133152233&postcount=24 and there are a ton more like it. Why do they have to toy with our emotions!

Wonder what they'll do for 6 though. Maybe they'll keep the team mechanic but put Locke and MC together. Let people decide which one they want.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
shikamaru317 said:

^Pretty much this. I don't really see mission counts as spoilers, and spoilery things I did post had spoiler code on them. 343 basically lied, they strongly suggested that the mission ratio would be even or nearly even, 1/5 Blue Team isn't even close. 343 still hasn't realised that the Chief is Halo to many fans. Hopefully they'll finally realize that after Halo 5. I'm sorry if some of you guys thought I was being too negative, personally I think I was being pretty positive all things considered, I gave high praise to 3 of the departments at 343; the audio team, the gameplay team, and the art team. For what it's worth, I still think the MP will be amazing considering the fact that I've never had more fun playing MP than I did playing Halo 5's beta, I'm just no longer sure about the SP. Honestly, if you think we were being negative, you should definitely avoid the official Halo forums, Reddit, and neoGAF, from what I hear there's alot more negativity there about this whole 3 blue team mission thing, not to mention other aspects of Halo 5 such as the missing splitscreen and late Forge/BTB. You'd best go completely dark until after Halo 5 releases.

Yeah I have no problems playing as Locke. MC is the cooloer dude, but no reason 343i can't experiment. Frustrating thing is only that we expected otherwise. Here's a Frankie post http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133152233&postcount=24 and there are a ton more like it. Why do they have to toy with our emotions!

Wonder what they'll do for 6 though. Maybe they'll keep the team mechanic but put Locke and MC together. Let people decide which one they want.

He didn't lie. Chief is and has always been the hero and is the main character.  He's at the center of the whole story of Halo 5. 

And Locke is a primary character.

I think he meant the ratio of missions between Chief and Locke. Not Blue Team and Osiris.

To be fair, everything about the game is centered around Chief, even the osiris missions.

I think it's good to go out on a limb. We all know who MC is and what he does. I'm ok with it not totally being more of the same

Around the Network

Lets wait to play for ourselves before we start bashing the games campaign.

Also, allthough Blue Team has only three missions they are the longest ones in the games and have multiple cutscenes. So time allocation is more like 4/10 instead of the 2/10th you would expect only looking at the missions

jlmurph2 said:

He didn't lie. Chief is and has always been the hero and is the main character.  He's at the center of the whole story of Halo 5. 

And Locke is a primary character.

It isn't about Chief being the center of the main story IMO. Knowing the mission ratio I think it's safe to assume that Blue Team either doesn't do much in comparsion to Osiris or the story is predominantly told through Osiris's/Locke's point of view and not through Blue Team's/Chief's, or even both.

And that's just wrong for the "main character and hero" of the story IMO.

I am just excited for BC coming up, also funny that people get a fallout 3 bc code but can't use it (yet). You get those codes with F4 pre order.

Anyway the update for bc must be here soon no?  Would be harsh to have the F3 code but can't even use it when F4 releases...

maximrace said:
Also, allthough Blue Team has only three missions they are the longest ones in the games and have multiple cutscenes. So time allocation is more like 4/10 instead of the 2/10th you would expect only looking at the missions

Let's take 343i's minimum campaign length on normal (8 hours or 480 minutes, which probably includes cutscenes as well). The average mission length would be 32 minutes.

Let's say Blue Team missions are 45 minutes on average (again, including cutscenes), that would be 135 out of 480 minutes in total, close to 30% of the game. 

Certainly better than 20%, but that still leaves Osiris being the point of view for 70% of the game. Even if the missions were 1 hour long it would be 37.5%. People can criticize me all they want, it still is a big shock IMO. Nobody really expected this, we only had Shinobi from Gaf, an insider, and Colter, a first time Halo actor, hinting it and 343i suggesting rather the opposite.

I have NOT given up on the game, my expectations just reached an all time low for a Halo campaign, which is a good thing if the campaign delivers.