By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
KiigelHeart said:
If you are a fan of RPGs and haven't played Kingdom Come: Deliverance, you're like a guitarist who's never heard of Jimi Hendrix.

What a great game this is today. There's a reason why it's so popular and selling well despite awful, buggy launch. Highly recommend!

I started playing it before Modern Warfare released. I liked what I played. Will probably go back to it sometime next year.

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
If you are a fan of RPGs and haven't played Kingdom Come: Deliverance, you're like a guitarist who's never heard of Jimi Hendrix.

What a great game this is today. There's a reason why it's so popular and selling well despite awful, buggy launch. Highly recommend!

I couldn't get into it personally. I appreciate what it's going for, and there's obviously an audience for it, but I didn't really feel compelled to play it past the intro section. 

Kingdom Come looked great but It had really bad performance wise at launch so I decided to hold on it whilst they do a few performance patches but never got around to it, I definitely will play it at some point.

Angelus said:
KiigelHeart said:

I couldn't get into it personally. I appreciate what it's going for, and there's obviously an audience for it, but I didn't really feel compelled to play it past the intro section. 

It does take many hours until it really kicks off. Judging by your achievement unlocks, you didn't even complete the whole intro :P 

Still, it's probably not for everyone but I'd suggest to give it more time. You've hardly scratched the surface. 

WoodenPints said:
Kingdom Come looked great but It had really bad performance wise at launch so I decided to hold on it whilst they do a few performance patches but never got around to it, I definitely will play it at some point.

Yeah, I bought it at launch but back then it was awful. Didn't look good, framedrops everywhere, it crashed all the time, horrible save system.. Didn't touch it again until now.

So, 60€ wasted because it's on game pass now but oh well..

It looks and runs great on X1X now. Some texture pop-in here and there but it's like another game. They've done good job fixing it.

Around the Network

Haven't seen anyone on VGC talk about it, but poor Diablo devs….barely announced their game and PoE2 already has it dead to rights. Good thing Blizzard has a lot of loyal fans.

Angelus said:
Haven't seen anyone on VGC talk about it, but poor Diablo devs….barely announced their game and PoE2 already has it dead to rights. Good thing Blizzard has a lot of loyal fans.

Yeah I was watching last night looks great from what they shown with 7 acts from the start probably with plans to support it up to 10 like the first campaign, keeping the sequel and the first game as one (similar to how Overwatch just announced) will work really well for PoE with the current 10 act campaign now staying as it is but getting the graphical and system updates along with new skills and ongoing content the sequel is getting whilst you can choose which campaign to play both leading into a shard end game.

Sounds to be like it's early 2021 at the earliest but they are rolling out a bunch of the stuff throughout next year suck as skill, ascendency etc with the new campaign and socket system been the last thing to drop as PoE 2 arrives.

Probably will end up with both poE2 and Diablo 4 in 2021 :)

Last edited by WoodenPints - on 16 November 2019

WoodenPints said:
Angelus said:

Yeah I was watching last night looks great from what they shown with 7 acts from the start probably with plans to support it up to 10 like the first campaign, keeping the sequel and the first game as one (similar to how Overwatch just announced) will work really well for PoE with the current 10 act campaign now staying as it is but getting the graphical and system updates along with new skills and ongoing content the sequel is getting whilst you can choose which campaign to play both leading into a shard end game.

Sounds to be like it's early 2021 at the earliest but they are rolling out a bunch of the stuff throughout next year suck as skill, ascendency etc with the new campaign and socket system been the last thing to drop as PoE 2 arrives.

Probably will end up with both poE2 and Diablo 4 in 2021 :)

I'm so grateful that they're not dropping any of the content they've already created over the course of PoE's lifecycle so far. There's a general problem plaguing game development in the modern era, where these developers are releasing sequels to games that come out almost as if the updates, DLCs, etc of the original game didn't happen. The end result then being a sequel that is at best an improvement of the original base game, which might be fine enough for people who didn't play said game, or dropped it very quickly, but for the actual userbase you've established, your core audience….it's just nowhere near good enough. You have to build on the totality of what came before, not some lesser version of it.

Angelus said:

Nothing but shots fired. But yeah, the best thing that could have happened for the PoE devs was the announcement of Diablo mobile last year. Gave them a lot of new interest and a wide berth, PoE2 is further along.

Bit the bullet and bought Anthem for 10$, I’ll probably get some enjoyment out of it without feeling ripped off.