By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Got damn playing Horizon 4 at 60fps on Scorpio

Around the Network

Got super lucky. Unlocked the FM7 cover car from a spin in Horizon 4.

shikamaru317 said:

Agreed. I'm sure MS has heard the rumors about Google entering the gaming industry with a possible next-gen console and studio acquisitions. I'm positive that is why Satya gave Xbox a bigger budget; as the weakest platform this gen, Google is going to be gunning for Xbox next gen. 

coolbeans said:

That's a good point.  That gives the rumored announcement of three more 1st party studios some legitimacy.  I wouldn't be surprised if 4 more teams joined MS's ranks by next E3 (by that I'm meaning multiple teams under one dev umbrella).

It isn't just Google it's Amazon too and they realistically have the cash to go out and buy big studios, both are investing big on game streaming and will have competing services that will require exclusive content (like Netflix/Amazon Prime). This doesn't only affect Xbox but all consoles as a whole, if they succeed then Sony and Nintendo are in bigger trouble than MS.

This a good article by Jez explaining this. https://www.windowscentral.com/google-lurking-gaming-has-never-been-more-critical-microsoft

With all of this coming out I'm pretty sure that MS buying EA might have had some truth behind it, Nadella probably wanted to go big because he could but was probably convinced by other people that they could just expand by buying up other studios instead of something massive like EA. I mean MS could possibly have 8 new total studios this year and are hiring around 600 game devs they are digging into the War Chest and are giving MS studios the most support in their History.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 04 October 2018

According to Klobrille his personal most likely studios to be bought out by MS are Obsidian, Asobo, and Hazelight.

If true then I will be really happy with this, Aosbo has a deep relationship with MS and is capable of working on different genres of games and they also helped on Recore so they could potentially develop the sequel. Their new original game that they are working on looks good too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ4OFd3uEiE

We all know that MS wanted A Way Out as an exclusive before they chose EA , with the game being a success and the studio showing great potential it would be a great pickup as well.

Isn't Obsidian making a game for a third party?

Around the Network

It wouldn't matter Ninja Theory is working on a 3rd party Star Wars VR game right now and MS own them.

Locking in my predictions for X018.

- More Gears of War 5 (more trailers, more gameplay, more info,),
- Crackdown 3 extensive single player and multiplayer gameplay, release date given, probably April/May.
- reveal of the Harry Potter RPG by Avalanche Software, coming fall 2019
- Another Halo Infinite CG trailer
- Dying Light 2, more gameplay, release date.
- Battletoads gameplay, release date
- MS announces acquisitions or Hazelight (A Way Out) and Obsidian Entertainment
- Forza Horizon 4 first expansion revealed (and more post launch updates)
- more gameplay from games announced at E3 (Maybe Sekiro, DMCV, Metro Exodus, etc)
- More Sea of Thieves stuff
- Ori 2 release date
- Show ends with reveal of new Splinter Cell, but with nothing else other than a hype CG trailer

Before you even ask me, I will say yes, I'm being overly optimistic, I know.

There are also other games that always have a chance of showing up. Which would be:
Borderlands 3
Crystal Dynamics Avengers game
Rocksteady's next game (Superman?
and more, but I put their chances at minimum for various reasons.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

ironmanDX said:
starcraft said:

Sorry I meant FH4! Mind you I played the original back in the day and it was great fun!

Still haven't played 3 - my bro owns it so I will borrow it soon. Being an Australian I really should get around to it...

Now you have an X you get to play it in glorious 4k! I've been to a few places in the game, it's quite true to the locations... For the most part.

Tell me about it. I am running the X on an LG OLED...Horizon looks incredible.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

My XBO Predictions
1. Gears 5 multiplayer trailer and beta announced
2. Halo Infinite tease
3. Forza 7 gamepass
4. Sea of thieves holiday expansion
5. Battletoads gameplay and release day
6. Sessions release date
7. Ori release date and gamepass announcement
8. Crackdown 3 blowout and all crackdowns on gamepass
9. Streaming service announced
10. Acquisitions