By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Barozi said:
VGPolyglot said:
So guys, when you got the Xbox One X, what did you do with your old consoles? I'm wanting to get a PS4 Pro and Xbox One X eventually, but I don't know what I'll do with my vanilla PS4 and Xbox One S aftewards. Maybe I'll give them to my step dad so he can play some games?

hmmm I was thinking about selling my X1. I hope to get around 100€.

On the other hand, I own Kinect 2.0 and the X would need the expensive adapter for it to work. Might as well keep the old console then.
That way I could also connect them via LAN.

Oh yeah, the adapter. Reminds me of the GameCube component cables that became obscenely expensive.

Around the Network

Finally got the set up done. Made a picture to illustrate the difference in TV size (47" on the left, 70" on the right).

I still need something to put in front of the window....

EDIT: Also notice the Xboxes in the correct order from new to old. PS1 looks a bit out of place in it though.

Last edited by Barozi - on 08 April 2018

coolbeans said:
VGPolyglot said:
So guys, when you got the Xbox One X, what did you do with your old consoles? I'm wanting to get a PS4 Pro and Xbox One X eventually, but I don't know what I'll do with my vanilla PS4 and Xbox One S aftewards. Maybe I'll give them to my step dad so he can play some games?

With each upgrade, I've eventually sold the one model (either via OfferUp or IRL interactions).

Hmm, it'd definitely be a new experience for me if I did that, since I tend to never sell my games/consoles.

Barozi said:
VGPolyglot said:

On the other hand, I own Kinect 2.0 and the X would need the expensive adapter for it to work. Might as well keep the old console then.

MS doesn't make those adapters anymore. Last time I called they told me that

HOLY SHIT!!! I just checked, and Quantum Break alone takes up like 178GB on my hard drive.

Around the Network
TheSting said:
Barozi said:

MS doesn't make those adapters anymore. Last time I called they told me that

yep they don't thus they can only be bought privately (unless retailers still have some in stock, I haven't checked). Could make them even more expensive.

VGPolyglot said:
HOLY SHIT!!! I just checked, and Quantum Break alone takes up like 178GB on my hard drive.

Yeah that's pretty big (though you could deinstall the TV series and just stream them from what I heard).

Also, just as a tip, it can happen that you have a game installed on both the internal HDD and the external HDD. There's no easy way to notice other than knowing what game is installed on which HDD or checking every single game via the games & apps menu. I once mistakenly tried starting a physical game that I had installed externally, but forgot to turn on the HDD.
I then turned on the external HDD and played the game, but in the background it quietly installed itself also on the internal HDD.
I was so glad I noticed that, surely saved me about 20GB that I desperately needed.

Barozi said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yeah that's pretty big (though you could deinstall the TV series and just stream them from what I heard).

Also, just as a tip, it can happen that you have a game installed on both the internal HDD and the external HDD. There's no easy way to notice other than knowing what game is installed on which HDD or checking every single game via the games & apps menu. I once mistakenly tried starting a physical game that I had installed externally, but forgot to turn on the HDD.
I then turned on the external HDD and played the game, but in the background it quietly installed itself also on the internal HDD.
I was so glad I noticed that, surely saved me about 20GB that I desperately needed.

OK, dividing it up, it went about this (I can't remember the exact breakdown by I know that it said 178.1GB):

50GB: game + updates

50GB: 4K/Xbox One X patch

75GB: TV series

It's not really a big deal for me, since I don't have that many games and got a 2TB external drive, but I was just shocked at how big it is. I moved everything over to my external hard drive, and enabled the Xbox One X patches, even though I don't have an Xbox One X, just in case I decide to upgrade later on because it'll be much quicker/simpler that way.

VGPolyglot said:

I sold my original 500GB non-Kinect Xbox One when I got 1TB One S. I did the same with 1TB One S when I got One X.

I wonder if we get an announcement of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory back compat tomorrow. it would be the perfect time.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.