By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year So Far?

Which one?

The Witcher 3 318 26.30%

Bloodborne 434 35.90%

Splatoon 266 22.00%

Life is Strange 28 2.32%

Dying Light 22 1.82%

Mortal Kombat X 15 1.24%

Other (post it below) 125 10.34%

Total:1,208

Tough call.

The only game that impressed me so far is Splatoon, but it definitely lacks content. BloodBorne looks great, but while i didn't played it yet, i doubt it will impress me after beating DS, DkS and DkS2 in the last 2 years. The Witcher 3 is very good, but i wouldn't call it goty.

Around the Network

The Witcher 3 and I'm probably only 1/2 way through the game and yet to reach Skellige. Not only far and away the best game Iv played this year and generation but also one of the best WRPG's ever and most certainly the best open world RPG iv ever played in my opinion. I really hope MGS V and Batman compete with it for GOTY because this gen needs more great games like TW3.

zippy said:
Splatoon, although arkham knight and XCX might have something to say about that. Yarn Yoshi looks like it might be a dark horse too, it seems to be flying under the radar but looks beautiful.

Splatoon doesnt really stand a chance based on metacritic alone (tons of other factors though). Neither does XCX based on impressions on the NegGAF import thread (offline MMO-itis,  story only picking up steam in its final hours + sequel bait). Honestly Bloodborne, Arkham Knight and The Phantom Pain are the only real contendors alongside The Witcher 3 but I feel the Witcher 3 already has it on lockdown for scope and narrative alone.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I say Bloodborne but for me and i think a lot of other People it could be MGS5 because its the last kojima game in konami

SubiyaCryolite said:
zippy said:
Splatoon, although arkham knight and XCX might have something to say about that. Yarn Yoshi looks like it might be a dark horse too, it seems to be flying under the radar but looks beautiful.

Splatoon doesnt really stand a chance based on metacritic alone (tons of other factors though). Neither does XCX based on impressions on the NegGAF import thread (offline MMO-itis,  story only picking up steam in its final hours + sequel bait). Honestly Bloodborne, Arkham Knight and The Phantom Pain are the only real contendors alongside The Witcher 3 but I feel the Witcher 3 already has it on lockdown for scope and narrative alone.

Its the best game I've played this year, isn't this what this thread is about? or is to predict what the industry journalists will pick? Anyways Splatoon wont stand a chance like you said.

Around the Network

Can i vote Xenoblade X, i mean i played the game, so yeah it's my goty currently.

Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Bloodborne by far, it's not even a race. Only Batman: Arkham Knight and Xenoblade: Chronicles X can knock it down.

Edit: Forgot about MGS: V. I fear it will get panned by both gamers and reviewers for not being a graphical showcase (Cross-Gen game). 

Right now bloodborne but i think my personal game of the year st the end of the year will be Persona 5 or Timespinner(assuming its out this year and is as good as i hope it will be)

All Stats S rank

zippy said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

Its the best game I've played this year, isn't this what this thread is about? or is to predict what the industry journalists will pick? Anyways Splatoon wont stand a chance like you said.

To be fair its about both

"Since we're approaching E3 and the middle of the year already, what game would you pick as your favorite this year so far? Anoter similar, but different, question: if the Game of the Year show was today, which game do you think would win it?"

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine