By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - What Games Should I Get For PC?

I recommend:

Cities: Skylines
Sid Meier's Pirates

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Around the Network

Theres a huge variety. Maybe check out what all the hype is about for DayZ and rust, which are both in early access.

Steam has a fairly good amount of demos too.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

Added you. For others, here's his Steam profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198198674849

Tons of good recommendations already, but Iet me add a multiplat game no one on VGC ever mentions (or plays): The Pinball Arcade. Fantastic game, but expensive if you want to have all 50+ tables. New tables are released each month.

Best PC releases of the year so far (not counting Witcher 3 which I haven't played):
Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2.

Mummelmann said:

It's that time again, and with my new rig coming up in about a month I'll be tempted into buying anything that can benefit from the awesome hardware. Operation "clean out the bank account" will be a great success, as ever.

I commenced operation "clean bank account" just last Sat and boy was my bank not happy lol, got my account locked halfway through trying to buy my monitor/case since I'd already bought the mobo,cpu,ram,thermal paste, hDD and SSD which caused them to freak out a bit lol but I got it unlocked that day and ordered the Mobo/Case and now I'm enjoying playing games in 1080p on my new benQ as we speak, haven't got allt he parts for the new rig yet but can't wait, only a few more days =D

And then I realised the summer sale starts the day after I get my monthly pay.

OT: Also don't forget to check out Origin's on the house games that go for free, there's usually a new oldie game on there now and then, also like everyone has already said, don't buy unless it's on sale, sooooo many times have I come close to simply buying stuff outright, sitting back and seeing a flash sale the next, Totalbiscuit is the main guy I;d go to for Steam sales since every sale now he usually puts up a YT vid every day of the sales to show each game, how much is shaved off it and if it's worth buying.

I dunno if you want me to add you on Steam, that's up to you since I don't mind people adding me.

Also if you can try battle.net, Blizzards client is probably the best looking and cleaned client I've seen in years next to GoG's upcoming Galaxy client, that and heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone are free to play and I;m pretty much hooked on both now.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

okr said:
Added you. For others, here's his Steam profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198198674849

Tons of good recommendations already, but Iet me add a multiplat game no one on VGC ever mentions (or plays): The Pinball Arcade. Fantastic game, but expensive if you want to have all 50+ tables. New tables are released each month.

Best PC releases of the year so far (not counting Witcher 3 which I haven't played):
Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2.

Thanks for the link to his profile, I couldn't find it the first time.

By the way, StarOcean, don't forget to check out your game's library every friday, it's not rare to find a new game that you can play for free during the weekend. This weekend the game is Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Another recommendation: http://store.steampowered.com/app/33250/

Anno 1404 is 6 years old but imo still the best and best looking building/economic simulation.

okr said:

Anno 1404 is 6 years old but imo still the best and best looking building/economic simulation.

Just an fyi it's giving me a site error when I click the link.

I should also give Anno 2070 another go sometime now you've reminded me.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
okr said:

Just an fyi it's giving me a site error when I click the link.

I should also give Anno 2070 another go sometime now you've reminded me.

Aha, interesting. I can see it with this link (and I own the Steam version of the game). This means 1404 is for some reason on Steam only available in Germany. I can't check other languages as Steam always defaults to the German store for me.

The Witcher 3, Divinity Original Sin, Counter Strike Global offensive.

okr said:

Aha, interesting. I can see it with this link (and I own the Steam version of the game). This means 1404 is for some reason on Steam only available in Germany. I can't check other languages as Steam always defaults to the German store for me.

Yeah I can confirm that you are correct, there's only Anno 2070 and it's DLC, I remember at least 2 years back that 1404 was up there and then merged into a goldpack which now seems to be missing which is a shame because I never got to play that game at the time and I don't think I will now unless I can hunt down a fresh CD copy (still own a CD drive just in case).