By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Would you buy a more expensive and more powerful PS4K model?

Would you buy a PS4K ?

Yes 86 33.73%

No, not yet. But i am supportive of this idea 40 15.69%

No, i don't like this concept at all. 127 49.80%

Total:253

On this hypothesis I would, But i doubt it would help Sony out.On devs side, they already do scalable for PC so no big issue.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Already done a thread like this but about ps5. I would love for the option with more power, ssd drive, etc. Gaming is my major hobby and my spare money will gladly go into gaming, so i can have a better experience.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

i wouldn't buy one. I'm not very crazy for graphics, as well as too expensive. Pass.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

No. A console-cycle should remain a 5-6 year thing, and should remain convinence over power. You want 4k gaming buy a PC

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Ruler said:
Chazore said:
No because by then PC would have 4k under wraps and will be more stable with gains, I'd rather a cheaper 4k 60fps option and PC will be that choice.

i doubt it would be cheaper because Sony would mass manufactoring it, at least 3 million 

With other technology providers already settings the trends I'd imagine it would be, 1080p yonks back was expensive when it first started out and now it's cheaper, 4k is already beginning with tv's and PC's and it will get cheaper as time progresses, Sony isn't the only corp in the world that magically makes whatever they want cheaper factually than everything else, that's just not how technology or mass markets work.

yeah but the people who sell graphicscards want to make a profit, Sony doesnt really care if their consoles makes a profit as long as it brakes even the cost to produce them. They care more about that you buy games on their system which they get 15% the money from and that you subscribe to PS+.

The PS4 makes only 20$ with each unit sold, they wouldnt really care if you buy their console for 400 or 700. But every graphicscard manufactor wants at least over 50$ profit i assume. Because its not like Asus, Palit, Corsair, Kingston etc. make any money with you buying steam games.

spemanig said:
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha! No.

Being $700 goes against what a console is. People shouldn't have to pay $700 just to get games to run like they're supposed to.

Sentient_Nebula said:
I think Sony already knows that it's a bad idea to launch a console at over $600.

well they launched an xbox 360 with a Blueray player and a PS2 built in, which was more complicated to program for.

If they would have put the 200$ or even 100$ with stripping out the PS2 into more Horse power and got something better from Nvidia like a 8800 GTX that  generation would haved looked completley different 

I'd pay $600-$700 for a PS4 that was backwards compatible with all PS games since PSX. That would clear up a little space on the entertainment system.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

4k in a PS4 formfactor would be insanely expensive as such intensive hardware is quite energy consumin. Most people who can run games at 4k need to sli/xfire, which means something like >700 watts before closed platform optimizations. Imagine the failure rate on these.