By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DS lite screens turning yellow?? WTF?

is anyone having this problem??

http://gonintendo.com/?p=17944

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

This is for the Japanese Launch DS Lites I believe,

My DS Lite is from the Japanese Launch and I don't have this problem,

However my bottom screen seems to push in slightly when I use the stylus, and I have ALWAYS looked after it well, and sometimes rarely but recently DS games freeze on me, especially Mario 64 DS (PAL) and a couple of other games.

I've had one game freeze on me, twice in one day, and never before or after that again. On like, 5 occasions, my DS wouldn't read a cartridge on the first try. My bottom screen has a very, very slightly more "yellow" tint than the top screen, I can hardly tell. And my DS came with a dead pixel, I got a replacement free under warranty. So yeah...all very minor stuff, I don't really care.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I haven't had it and I just imported Ouendan 2 and I am playing on the DS more than I have in a while...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

The worst I've had was the game cart not being read. That seems to happen to me maybe twice a month.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Around the Network

No problems whatsoever with my DS Lite. =)

Never had a problem... (apart from a *very* odd bug in Metroid Hunters - which may well be game related...).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

only problem i've had was puzzle quest went black screens on me when too many chains happening at once. which is a common problem known to the game anyways. i think i need to replace my touch screen protector soon, dang cooking mama! anyone of you not using the screen protector playing games that uses stylus a lot? does it scratch the screen?

Never a problem with the screen apart from a stuck pixel which was covered by warranty.

This, however, must be a first (at least to my knowledge):

About a month after I started playing Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, I would press the jump button (B) and occasionally the DS would simply turn off. This happened randomly, but I had no idea what it was due to.

I went to the repair center and they told me it was because the mainboard was fractured right around the B button, but it was under warranty, and they would replace it free of charge. I asked the guy if they ever encountered something similar, and he replied in the negative.

I guess I just have to watch the amount of force I use when pressing buttons on the DS! 

ya no probs here ...exept a dead pixel . might i add nintendo customer service is top notch..sent me a brand new ds like no prob bob

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY