By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 should show by how many items you got hitten

LemonSlice said:

It's not really luck based if it depends on the skill of other players. The luck is only in the type of item the opponent who hit you gets.

I'm not a native English speaker either, and I was just making a portmanteau joke. What is your native language? Maybe I indeed speak it. :)

german is my native language.

Did you played the game recently? its really alot more luck based as skill based. Im at 9k points now (around 100hrs play time) so i im not a pro-gamer but think i can still say something about the game. Im always trying everything to not get hit (look back for green shells, always holding an item if possible) but still in some games i get hit 0 times and get easily first place and then its just running bad.

Around the Network

I'd appreciate that. A friend of mine always makes up excuses when she loses a race: "I totally would've won that race but then I got hit by three red shells consecutively and the game just placed those two CPU drivers in front of me - must be a bug!"

I'd also love statistics. I want a graph that shows how many points a player had after the first, second, etc. race. For some reason it takes some time for me to get into the game and I finish 4th to 6th in the first race but in the end I always come out on top. Also I'm a statistics whore ;)

It sounds nice, but that would be a little unnecessary if you ask me.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

JNK said:
LemonSlice said:

It's not really luck based if it depends on the skill of other players. The luck is only in the type of item the opponent who hit you gets.

I'm not a native English speaker either, and I was just making a portmanteau joke. What is your native language? Maybe I indeed speak it. :)

german is my native language.

Did you played the game recently? its really alot more luck based as skill based. Im at 9k points now (around 100hrs play time) so i im not a pro-gamer but think i can still say something about the game. Im always trying everything to not get hit (look back for green shells, always holding an item if possible) but still in some games i get hit 0 times and get easily first place and then its just running bad.

Your English is better than my German. I'm Croatian BTW. Again, I was just making a joke.

Again (again with again?), it's not really luck if it depends on the skills of other players. The only luck is in the items that they get to attack and in the items that you get to defend yourself with, and that is also dependent on a number of factors. Item management, aim, defense, strategy, driving skill, is altogether much more important than luck when it comes to combat. There's no RNG (random number generator) that decides whether you get hit or not.

d21lewis said:
I love the word "hitten". It should be a real word, dammit!

Agree. And the fact that it rhyme with kitten just makes it adorable!

Around the Network

It'll be a nice add on but I don't really feel it's necessary

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]