By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata Asks: Splatoon

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

Like its going to make a good profit :P

Wonder how many people made this game, and it was made in just over a year. Imagine The transition between Splatoon and Spla2oon? SSB to SSBM incoming :)

No, like why the game is launching in such a pitifully ink-omplete state.

Because 1 year was only enough time to put together a 6 hour story mode, one local mode, and 5 online maps at launch.

Makes me shudder to think of what Star Fox has become, if this is any indication. That looked like it was 10% done, too. Being "episodic" makes so much sence now. Ugh.

While being critical of the game, you still have room to make a bad squid joke. That`s just great... x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

That explains why they couldn't answer questions about other modes n features at E3, because they didn't even know themselves yet! But just damn, they made this inkredible game in just over a year, Zelda devs be jelly!

the_dengle said:
Hnnnnnnnnnggggggg

Nintendo what the hell are you doing

this game's development is the most absurd thing I've ever heard

Why? Can you expand upon that?

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

All games have to start somewhere, and this also explains more as to why we often see games unveiled at E3 but never end up hearing much about them again and they become vaporware.
If a game were fully complete at E3 it would be released at the same time.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

tbone51 said:

I get the multiplayer aspect but Single Player is fine. Dont get the hate for it at all.

As for Star fox, lets wait and see before shouting out accusations. HW was made in under a year for example and thats more than enough of a complete game

I'm not hating on the single player. Nothing wrong with a 6 hour campaign, especially when it's good. Until you're charging $60 for it.

I think Nintendo's written enough on the wall about how Star Fox will turn out for us to cast a good handful of accusations.

Can I get a quote about HW being made in under a year, because I'm 99% sure that's completely untrue.

Around the Network

HW is a boring button masher, Splatoon a million times better than that.

spemanig said:

I'm not hating on the single player. Nothing wrong with a 6 hour campaign, especially when it's good. Until you're charging $60 for it.

Which they're not.

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

I get the multiplayer aspect but Single Player is fine. Dont get the hate for it at all.

As for Star fox, lets wait and see before shouting out accusations. HW was made in under a year for example and thats more than enough of a complete game

I think Nintendo's written enough on the wall about how Star Fox will turn out for us to cast a good handful of accusations.

Can I get a quote about HW being made in under a year, because I'm 99% sure that's completely untrue.

" I'm not hating on the single player. Nothing wrong with a 6 hour campaign, especially when it's good. Until you're charging $60 for it."

Yeah, because its only a Single Player game right? The Price tag argument needs to really stop, because if we were to base $ with content, then XCX should be a $200 game.

As for your other comment, i need to find it. Pls hold on. E3 is under a month, we'll see Star Fox soon enough.

spemanig said:
"It was only 10% complete (at E3), or should we say, we still had about 90% left of the game to make."

And it all begins to make sense.

Honestly after that recent Splatoon Direct when they announced the post launch content I began to wonder if the game was even finished.

It seems to me like they are just pushing up its launch to have a big game launch before E3 rather than delaying it till after.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

Like its going to make a good profit :P

Wonder how many people made this game, and it was made in just over a year. Imagine The transition between Splatoon and Spla2oon? SSB to SSBM incoming :)

No, like why the game is launching in such a pitifully ink-omplete state.

Because 1 year was only enough time to put together a 6 hour story mode, one local mode, and 5 online maps at launch.

Makes me shudder to think of what Star Fox has become, if this is any indication. That looked like it was 10% done, too. Being "episodic" makes so much sence now. Ugh.

I would not have anything against to be same for StarFox.

Enough content at launch to play until it new staff arrives and already ananucend very big among of content for free.